Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Car alarm going off for no reason - Ds3 Dsport Plus Thp 155 BHP (2014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Car alarm going off for no reason - Ds3 Dsport Plus Thp 155 BHP (2014)

Hi.

Ds3 Dsport Plus Thp 155 BHP

My car alarm for the last couple of weeks has been going off during the day & night for no reason!

I usually lock it by double pressing the remote to deadlock it.

I have googled the problem & it seems that there might be a couple of problems which I have looked at

Battery key fob - Have replaced the battery

Car battery - Have had a battery test completed at local garage, all ok

Bonnet sensor - Garage had a quick look & said it was ok (Didn't do any test, just checked movement & wires!)

Unfortunately none of this has solved the problem of the alarm going off, so I have gone back to locking the car with the key so that no alarm is set, not ideal.

Has anyone else had this problem or have any ideas of what I can check next?

With the interior volumetric alarm would that detect a mouse? Friend suggested a mouse trap just in case?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Debbie

check the interior for spiders, moths etc. particularly around the interior sensors
    Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Working...
    X