Screen wash/wipe problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen wash/wipe problem

Hi all, Just a new member to this site and have a strange problem with my screen wash/wipe 2013 DS3, about a week ago I had no washers and thought due to the cold weather it might be the 10amp fuse, to my delight it was and once replaced all was working again, this weekend we had cold weather again and again the washers stopped working this time the fuse was ok, I tested it with multi meter and it checked ok, I replaced it anyway just incase, when I activate the washer stalk I get no fluid only the wipers this is the same for the rear, I drained the the washer fluid and removed the pump I checked the pump with an external power source and it would not operate, I then checked the power at the plug and it checked good, I also put a bulb in place so that when i tried the washers the bulb would light up, All Good so far... I bought a after market pump for less that ?10 but i also got an original from a breakers yard and both checked out good on the bench, I connected them to the plug and tried them but nothing, I then checked all the same things as before just to make sure there is power at the plug and the pumps are working ok, all checked good but still no fluid at the washers, I can't understand why there is power going to the plug and the pump tests good but nothing, I have tried the new pump and the one from the breakers still nothing.
    Has anyone had this problem before?????

Thanks
    John

Just a wee update on the washers, finally found the problem, the terminals in the plug at the pump were not making a good connections I bent them slightly with a jewellers screwdriver and all is good

Comment

Well done :-)
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
      X