Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct Antifreeze / Coolant

Hello,

I'd like to replace the coolant on my DS3 Prestige BlueHDI 120. It's four years old and I'd like to keep the anti corrrosive properties of the fluid in good shape to prevent wear as time goes on, I know it's 'fine' to leave it in some peoples eyes.

There only seems to be some special PSA only stuff, hard to find and expensive. Is this the only stuff that's actually compatible?

Also, is there a dedicated drain plug at a low point in the system that is convenient to drain the fluid from ready to be replaced? Even if it gets 90% of it out would suffice.

If you look as the service advice from DS it says - Check of the PH of the coolant 80000 Miles / 4 year(s) Then every 16000/ 1 year. The stuff they put in nowadays is not at all like the - change it every year stuff - that existed years ago. Perhaps do as suggested by DS?

Comment

PRESTONE- Goes in/ mxes with anything
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Thanks guys. Prestone seems my best bet.

I called my local DS (it's one of those fancy DS Stores too) and they're always busy.. called another Citroen dealership, the guy they put me through to said 'it's the green stuff'. I asked him for a name / spec and he just repeated 'green stuff'.

Told him there is yellow ish dark stuff in it, which I presume is from factory. He insisted somebody must have changed it since (doubtful)... Wouldn't give me a part number when I asked. What an idiot.

I'm going to drain it and refill, but important to get the correct stuff (or prestone) as metntioned as I don't fancy flushing it. I want to stop any corrossion / damage before it gets a chance to degrade though most people I know are telling me I don't need to change it. Car is 4 years old. Coolant is like ?30, engine repairs are much more!!!

Might post pics on here for future visitors if it would help them.

Comment

Working...
        X