Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP/ASR Faulty - No DTC recorded

Hi all,

I have a 2012 DS3 HDI that has a very intermittent problem where the car slams into limp mode and displays ESP/ASR faulty. It has done it a handful of times now all month apart. I recently bought a code reader to see what it came with and this is what I got (no DTC was shown, just these messages that will not clear)..

1: State: Intermittent Fault Regulation Of Engine Torque, Not Characterised
    2: State: Intermittent Communication Missing Fault With The Engine ECU, Data Invalid

Both these were from reading the ABS module. To my untrained eye it seems to suggest that the ABS module is struggling to talk to the ECU, would that seem right?

There seems to be no obvious action that causes the car to hit limp mode, stopping the car and removing the key for a few minutes seems to resolve the issue. Until it happens again. As I say I wiped the codes but they just come back.

If anyone has any info to help sort this I would be grateful, having the car effectively slam the brakes on when your driving along is nothing short of dangerous with the number of idiots driving up your backside!!

Hi I too have exactly the same faults along with Engine Malfunction ,again mine started intermittently about a year ago , now coming on almost weekly , after 1 stop start Esp & ASR go out and normal performance returns , but Engine M function remains on until 4 stop starts have been done .I borrowed a "cheap code reader and codes

PO193 Fuel Rail Pressure A Circuit High

PO191 Fuel Rail Pressure A Circuit Range/Performance

Car is a 2014 1.6 EHDI Stop/Start AIirdream DSport done 55,000 miles

Please can anyone shed any light on what fault could be
    Ben

Comment

Working...
    X