Issues with lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with lights

Im getting faults for side lamps which are all working fine. But today my left side repeater and rear left indicator stopped working. I then stopped when i realised and when i started the engine again they began to work. They then stopped working since i turned it off again. Bulb isn't blown its correct voltage, no loose feeling connections. Haven't done anything with the side repeater. If its any coincidence my number plate lights aren’t working either. Want to see if anyone has any ideas before I get the local garage to have a look. Thanks, James

Wiring short, bad earth on that circuit, and i would probably change the lamps in case they have a fault, as a cheap try to resolve

Doubtful a fuse, as they work intermittent, but I'd check them anyway

Without having a look its difficult to say

Try disconnecting the car battery for 5 minutes, then reconnect- acts as a sort of rest
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Having had a look the ground pin is corroded to crap, found similar threads on loads of psa cars. Need to have a proper look for places to ground it. Will post any results.

Comment

Ended up taking it to an auto electrician and it was that the door had had a ding and been put back together incorrectly so the harness was shorting inside the door.

Comment

Working...
        X