Ds3 monochrome Bluetooth issues hard reset how to needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ds3 monochrome Bluetooth issues hard reset how to needed

Hi All , any reply would be greatly appreciated, I have some really strange Bluetooth issues at the time of purchase worked flawlessly over time it started acting up strangely and disconnect after switching ignition off but then I used to reconnect and good to go for few more weeks when eventually it just stopped connecting and this has been going on for months now...

To note a few things . I have rd45 unit , it always find the phone or radio via search always reaches the screen for the pairing code but after that it just says pairing and nothing happens .

Sometimes very rarely it does connect after trying for a long time and after it does it connects flawlessly you can delete and reconnect connect other phones when it works it just works without any issues ... However as soon as you disconnect ignition and get it back up again even it is after 1 second all pairings are gone and can't connect again

Quick list of things I tried

iOS and Android same issue
    Different models of Android (even some really old ones) same issue

Deleting paired devices none are being saved they just go away .

​​​​Bsi reset same issue

fuse from radio or fuse box out same issue

Take out radio same issue

I probably forgot to mention a few things I tried as well ...

Now to come back to my theory I don't have much of electrical background but what I did notice nothing I have done cleared the actual memory of the head unit saved radio stations always stayed saved it feels like it is stuck on some really strange state I would love to try some kind of hard reset for head unit but I have no idea how or some kind of factory setting reset etc...

It just feels like radio is simply confused and is trying something that prevents it or memory module is stuck i have tried speaking to Citroen they offered software update for myway system .... I am almost sure rd45 is not myway system so that was not very fruitful ...

Any insight into this or thoughts to try ? I am not afraid to take bits apart from the car so shoot it all only thing I don't have is obd devices

Thanks for the info and hope this helps someone in future

Some tags for Google search in case people finds this in future . rd45 Bluetooth pairing issue.

Wish i could help. I only do old terch- radio and CD player

Not sure if an OBD2 connector with an app would be able to fimd? They can find some fault codes.

Or get the £20 basic reader maybe
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Chris_Blue do you have any experience with which one I could maybe get a hold of Delphi diagnostic ( unsure if that can speak to head unit ) from my research lexia would be best but that's Citroen only don't want to invest too much into one make . I believe Carly is rather limited too

Comment

Well i was thinking bout getting this one, but havent as yet

LATEST iCarsoft FR V2.0 CITROEN PEUGEOT RENAULT Multi System Diagnostic Scan Tol | eBay

Ive checked with the seller and they say it will work with my DS3 model
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

To perform a hard reset on your DS3 monochrome Bluetooth, you can follow these steps:
          1. Turn off the ignition.
          2. Locate the fuse box under the hood.
          3. Remove the fuse for the radio.
          4. Wait for 30 seconds.
          5. Replace the fuse.
          6. Turn on the ignition.
          This will reset the Stateofwriting.com reviews Bluetooth module in your DS3. If you're still having issues, you may need to contact a Citroën dealer for further assistance.

Comment

Working...
          X