Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple errors!!!

Hi

Shortly after my nephew tried to jump a friends car with his 1.6 2014 DS3 the following errors have appeared.
    1. Under-inflation monitoring fault
    2. Power Steering Fauty
    3. ESP / ASR system faulty
    4. The Steering wheel, tire warning, service and esp lights are on
    5. The power steering doesn’t work

All the fuses look ok and the battery is new.

Is there a way to check the power steering?

Can anyone assist

Thanks

Hope this is not what is wrong - but - modern advice is that you do not try to jump start another car with yours as the connecting of the leads can send spikes that can affect the ECU or BSI. Your best way forward is to get a proper code reader (Lexia or similar) to read the codes, a basic one is just that, very basic and cannot read anything other than basic standard engine codes

Comment

thanks for the advice. I have a friend that has an Icarsoft i970 which he recommends for Citroen,is that that sufficient?

Comment

I'm afraid I don't know the specs of that particular model but there is nothing lost in trying it.

Comment

Did you get it sorted?

Comment

not yet I managed to receive these codes

CITROEN_EN_TEST_00002>DS3>Smart Scan>ABS (Anti-lock Brake System)>Read Fault Code:
            Total Number : 2

1/2
            State: Permanent fault
            Electric Power Steering Operating Fault, Not Characterised

2/2
            State: Permanent fault
            Fault Absence Of Communication With The Electric Power Steering ECU, No Signal

I am assuming this isn't just a steering fault and that the ECU may be damaged after the jump start. Is there anyway of testing the integrity of the BSI/ECU

Comment

Working...
            X