Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel gauge. Is it crap at being accurate, or just mine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
    ^

What a car making sure that you don't run out of fuel??

haha, in that case it may aswell come on when its half empty/half full :P

Re: Joeking27 - I shall live on the edge abit more Enough garages near me.

Comment

Originally posted by jamsta View Post
      ...I shall live on the edge abit more Enough garages near me.
      Lol! You go man and live life in the DANGER ZONE!!

FUEL LIGHT BINGO! - a great game and fun for all the family!

1.) You need a car with fuel
      2.) Drive said car until the fuel warning light comes on
      3.) Now ignore the light and keep driving - you know you can make it!
      4.) If you fail to get home before the car dies on the side of the road then you are a LOSER! And as a LOSER you will have to face the shame of the Recovery Patrol man's scorn!
      5.) If you make it back home on a cloud of fumes then you sir are a WINNER!! And your prize is that your partner will go to use the car in the morning and will fill it up with lots of lovely fuel for you!
      Last edited by Bigfeet; 24-02-2012, 13:33.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Was merely trying to gauge how much people get in there tanks once the light comes on. With the fuel economy of the DS3 EHDI engines orange light coming on at 10 liters (1/4 of a tank) it seems abit too cautious. "If you make it back home on a cloud of fumes" would hardly call 10 liters FUMES!.

Thanks for your game, I shall leave that for someone else to play.

Comment

First bing usually occurs at around the 60mile range mark and costs roughly £55 to top up. So yeah, about 39 litres like yourself.
          Proud owner of missing wonky stickers

Comment

Is My Tank Bigger Than All Of Yours ??? =S

Comment

The cost of fuel is definitely higher. 150.9p/litre? That is obscene.
              Proud owner of missing wonky stickers

Comment

Think your filling your boot up zack lol
                2012 Dsport +, white with black roof. Stubby aerial, Alloy DS3 tax disc holder, Alloy black and silver dustcaps and 3D Gel carbon affect plates. Now with kawasaki green painted brakes.

Comment

.... the most I have spent in a petrol station is £66 and that was for about 45/50l
                  sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                  Third time around.
                  Work in Progress

Comment

most ive got is £62 and again thts 46-48L

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                      Lol! You go man and live life in the DANGER ZONE!!

FUEL LIGHT BINGO! - a great game and fun for all the family!

1.) You need a car with fuel
                      2.) Drive said car until the fuel warning light comes on
                      3.) Now ignore the light and keep driving - you know you can make it!
                      4.) If you fail to get home before the car dies on the side of the road then you are a LOSER! And as a LOSER you will have to face the shame of the Recovery Patrol man's scorn!
                      5.) If you make it back home on a cloud of fumes then you sir are a WINNER!! And your prize is that your partner will go to use the car in the morning and will fill it up with lots of lovely fuel for you!
                      I played this game the other week............i got number 4 lol Im such a loser, i never win anything lol

Comment

Regularly into £60 territory- £65-60 the most

BP Ultimate however- pricey stuff

Havent noticed much more performance with Ultimate as compared ASDA

But heard it BURNS better? That right? - is top price stuff worth it?
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                          BP Ultimate however- pricey stuff
                          Hmmm, yes, I am going to try this experiment. I doubt i'll get much a performance boost, but curious is I will get the better mileage! Just filled up with regular and next fill up is the ultimate stuff. See if there is really anything to it.

Comment

I never use supermarketfuels now had problems with a mondeo using that rubbish , always use shell, never had an hint of diesel smoke in the lasr 26k miles on my dsport will continue with it on my new one too. My brother has a BMW, used supermarket diesel smoked like a chimney, told him to switch for vpower for a few tank loads and hey presto smoke gone plus even he says he gets better mpg now. Shell /BP is the way to go.
                            I couldn't fix yer brakes so I made your horn louder!

Comment

Originally posted by jazd71 View Post
                              I never use supermarketfuels now had problems with a mondeo using that rubbish , always use shell, never had an hint of diesel smoke in the lasr 26k miles on my dsport will continue with it on my new one too. My brother has a BMW, used supermarket diesel smoked like a chimney, told him to switch for vpower for a few tank loads and hey presto smoke gone plus even he says he gets better mpg now. Shell /BP is the way to go.
                              Do you use the vpower stuff all the time or just their regular?

Comment

From the handook re tank size and low fuel.

As mentioned, my low fuel beep is at 60 miles left. As with any fuel indication this isn't an exact science.
                                My DS3R3... nearly....
                                New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
                                X