Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible turbo issues?

Hi,

I wondered if anyone might be able to give me some advice, please.

I've got a 2014 diesel DStyle Plus, which I've had from new and never had any issues with mechanically before.

About a year ago an engine warning light suddenly came on, which stated that an engine repair was needed.

I know little bits about car maintenance, but nothing that mechanically focused, so I took it to my local garage.

When they plugged it into the diagnostics, they said that they were struggling to pinpoint exactly what was causing the error message, but they thought it could be related to the turbo. They weren't sure whether it was an actual issue with the turbo or some sort of fault within the warning system maybe. They cleared the message and told me to just keep an eye on it.

Since then, this error message has appeared a couple of times, once when I had put my foot down and experienced a lag response, but it has disappeared again after a few days.

I think my car can sometimes feel a bit more sluggish than it used to, but I can't decide whether I'm just thinking this because of the error messages, the power of suggestion maybe.

I wondered whether anyone else has experienced anything like this with their DS at all please?

And I also wondered whether anyone has advice about anything that I can do to try to help prevent the turbo from going please? I'm due to get married next July, so I could really do with the car not giving out on me before then!

Thank you very much

Have you tried adding some turbo cleaner ?
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Looking for Santa Barbara Dryer Repair?center provides the best repair Service for almost all types of brands. We have a well-trained and experienced staff which will provide you with their best services. We are in this business for a long time and our customers are 100% satisfied with our services.

Comment

Couple of bits you can check yourself is all the boost pipes for splits and all the clamps are tight.. also check vac hoses and anything plugged into the pipes .. then there's the intake to the turbo unscrew and just inside the turbo you'll see the turbine itself put your finger on the center of it see how much it moves it shouldn't move much at all but these diesels have oil feed issues that often put the turbos out.. I've done so many c4 and others same issue... but just the same first I would unplug the maf sensor and take it for a spin see if it runs and boosts ok again their prone and cause a delay and boosting issues ...

Comment

Working...
        X