DS3 niggles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 niggles

Hi ! I have a 2017 DS3 1.2 petrol. It’s done 50k miles. I’ve had it for 2 years. Great little car and top spec.

I’ve had a few niggles that no one seems to be able to get to the bottom of. I had a 2015 diesel that ended up being changed by Citroen for this one as they couldn’t get to the bottom of it (at my expense of course !)

Anyway, niggles are as follows.

Very very intermittently judders when accelerating. Not done it for ages actually.

Around 18 months ago it smoked all the way home & then the next day it had no oil. Did that a couple of times then stopped.

Last weekend I hopped in it and it said no oil (topped it up as keep some in the boot after last time - been concerned since.

Over the last 4-5 weeks it’s engine management light has been coming in accompanied with the screen saying “Engine Fault: Have the vehicle repaired”. Took it to the local garage (Citroen couldn’t fit it in for 5 weeks !!) and they plugged the computer in & there was no fault code showing. No loss of performance so they turned it off.
    It has come on half a dozen times since. It turns off after 5 restarts / journeys. It could be fine for a 7-10 days then I might get a couple in a row. Totally random.
    again, no loss of power / performance. MPG is 42 - I do only really do short journeys, 15 mins at a time, twice a week it’ll do a 20 mile journey to another office.

Full service history, always done by Citroen. If it has needed anything doing I have had it done.

Was serviced in March of this year. Can’t remember what was done but everything that needed changing was changed.

Anyone had similar? Still drives like a dream.
    Thanks in advance !

Hi. Welcome to the Forum

Sounds a bit of a "Friday" car

Check oil regular, especially the colour of it.
    Run some some cleaner thru it- like BG 44K might sort the combustion issues out

Could be ECU, could be leaking seals, could be anything really
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
    X