Locksmith question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locksmith question

The key fob for my van is worn out. The dealership wants $50 to program new ones I ordered online on the website. Do any locksmiths care to tell me how much they charge? I won't be able to do this until my next paycheck. Medications are expensive.

I bought my Charger used, and am doing all the minor repairs it requires. One of the issues I didn't think to address was whether the key inside the FOB matched the door locks. At some point, ALL of the door and trunk locks were replaced, and the key doesn't match this one. I found this out when I had no access to my car when the battery died, and I had to unlock it with a fishing line. My question is: Can I buy a new key FOB and have the blank cut to match the current locks? Is this an expensive route to fix my problem?

Comment

Because you don't have the code for your locks to get one made will be expensive, as for coding anyone with a decent diagnostics can program a key into the cars imo ect but 50 is pretty reasonable some charge as much as 100 ... tbh I'd be looking for a complete set in a scrapyard ignition and all so it matches ... job done then the blank you get matched to them so you have 2 keys .. if you think you could do it look online for a zed bull coding tool it copies your current chip to the new one

Comment

How can I find a reliable locksmith for my home security needs? Are there any recommended services near me? What services do they typically offer?

Comment

This forum discussion raises an important question about locksmith services. It's evident that locksmiths play a crucial role in resolving such issues, and finding a reliable one can be beneficial in ensuring cost-effective solutions and improved security for vehicle owners. This blog was really engagging!

Comment

Working...
          X