Engine fault repair needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine fault repair needed.

I own a 2013 1.6 hdi. Lately, when slowing down or stopping and having used the brake pedal for at least 10 seconds, I get engine fault repair needed and the amber service light illuminated. When I release the brake pedal after a few seconds the warning disappears and the amber service lamp goes off. The car still drives as normal and does not go into limp mode .but the warning and amber service lamp flashing up is annoying.

Without the engine running and the ignition on I have 12.66 volts on my battery. When I press the brake pedal, after about five seconds the voltage starts dropping until it gets to 12.23 volts and the alarm activates. When I start the engine I have up to 14.7 volts but again I have a slight voltage drop and the warning appears. The warning disappears when I release the pedal and the voltage goes back to normal. I have changed the brake pedal sensor which has made no difference.

Any ideas and thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

Same thing happening on my car mate for the last 5 days and I'm getting frustrated. Do you able to fix your car issue mate> Cheers

Comment

It seems like you've already tried replacing the brake pedal sensor, but the issue persists. You might want to consider checking the wiring and connections related to the brake system, including the brake light switch and associated wiring. If the problem persists, it's advisable to consult a professional mechanic to diagnose and fix the issue. They can perform a more detailed inspection and resolve the problem effectively. Also, if you need assistance with writing, you can try the service at professional college essay writing services

Comment

Working...
      X