No announcement yet.

Engine fan coming on... Is this normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine fan coming on... Is this normal?

Hi

Drove my 3 day old e-HDI DSport out for a 30 min return journey just now on urban roads. No start stop traffic just a nice easy drive but just as I was about a min from my house the engine fan came on but no warning light. It then stayed on for a min or two after turning off the engine and then went off.

Now I'm new to diesels let alone the car so I'm just wondering if this sounds normal? Even in my 10 year old Punto the fan only came on after quite a bit of stop start traffic.

Prob just being paranoid but appreciate the 'expert' opinion of you guys that have been driving the diesels around much longer than me.

Thanks Jen
    2012 Citroen DS3 e-hdi 110 Airdream
    2002 Fiat Punto 1.2
    1996 Citroen AX Forte

tbh i wudnt be particularly concerned mine tends to come on and stay on after turning engine off. especially if i have been driving like every road is an autobahn ( as is sometimes nessercery ) dont worry as long as your temp gauge doesnt move from half way your all good.

Comment

Ha ha Matt... Was driving like a granny for most of the journey (Sunday drivers and all that) glad you think nothing to worry about! Every other jouney he's been pushed to at least 50mph so maybe its his way of telling me to go faster lol! Just want to make sure I'm looking after him properly!!!
      2012 Citroen DS3 e-hdi 110 Airdream
      2002 Fiat Punto 1.2
      1996 Citroen AX Forte

Comment

With the hdi, if the fans stay on after you switch off this can be because it was part way through a regeneration cycle of the DPF/FAP.

www.SPTuning.co.uk
        White on red THP
        Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Working...
        X