Hesitating around 40mph 4th/5th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hesitating around 40mph 4th/5th

DStyle HDI no real problems in 20k last night on way home seemed bit sluggish but couldn't really do much speed due to traffic.
    This morning was due to do a long trip but getting over 40mph was a struggle around in 4th/5th, no error lights or sounds. Tried to push it a little as roads clear but defiantly hesitation loads of it, once got over 50 but it crawled to 55.

So decided not safe to drive on motorway, called AA they couldn't help as no lights or sounds to indicate a problem could only recover.

Dealer hopes to have a look sometime today but no courtesy cars or likely hood of one all week
    Hope they can sort it, at least see the issue.
    Work will not be happy with me.

Dealer said if its not a warranty issue its £40 but couldn't tell me any examples other than if it turns out to be misfuelled or diesel waxing...it shouldn't be haven't filled up since last week and still 1/4 left.

Anyone else had slight similar symptoms, maybe a sensor,filter issue??

Strange One As My 90 HDi Takes Off Like A Rocket At 50Mph In 4th ?

Hopefully Your Dealer Will Sort It Keep Us Posted !

Comment

Yes the 90 HDI has been very nippy for me and still very happy with it on the whole.

They have called and said they believe the fault is low fuel flow and needs a new filter (£84) and that and the labour, and the £40 to just have a look is all chargeable as not under warranty!

One of my sills also looked like it was coming away a bit, they agree and can refit it for 25! Said no for now.

We will see if it fixes it, very annoyed the bill is going to be well over £200...
      The test run when I can back there will be a quick blast then 300 miles each way to Wales to try and catchup with jobs I had to cancel today.
      I said its not fuel waxing... and seemed rather odd.

:mad:

Comment

Originally posted by dayouk View Post
        They have called and said they believe the fault is low fuel flow and needs a new filter (£84) and that and the labour, and the £40 to just have a look is all chargeable as not under warranty!

One of my sills also looked like it was coming away a bit, they agree and can refit it for 25! Said no for now.
        No Chance ! That's Definitely A Warranty Issue So You Should Dispute The Hell Out Of That !

And As For The Sill There's A Few People On Here ( Including Myself ) Who Have Had It Re-Fitted For Free !

http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...highlight=sill

Comment

The fuel filter is not going to be covered by the warranty as this part would normally come under wear & tear. The issue here is why the filter has failed, is it due to clogging by poor quality fuel or indeed is diesel waxing the case. In my mind it does sounds like a fuel flow problem that you have described which normally point to the filter.

Regards to you sill guard is there any signs of damage? If not then I would have felt this job should be covered by the warranty, remember that you dealer needs to put in prior approval before any job can start. If there is signs of damage then the dealer can argue that this would be the cause of the failure of the sill guard.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I got car back and it was the fuel filter they replaced and cleared error codes. No charge for fuel filter/diagnostics... after I called Citroen and asked them what they thought and updated the dealer that they thought part at least would be covered.

happy to have her back and loved the fuel economy on the 650 mile trip.

Comment

You say 20,000 miles with no problems when was the filter last changed????????? before your problems and were do you get your fuel from
              E HDI 90 White black roof....called free willy.....Because it looks like a Killer Whale .... Now gone to a better place march 2012 to March 2014
              Dstyle+ E Hdi 90 Sport Red Black roof .......The Red Barron ....

Comment

Fuel filter had not been changed since new, and its not part of the services from what I can see.
                Fuel is various supermarkets or Shell depending on where I am.

Comment

Working...
                X