Seems to be an awful lot of exhaust fumes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems to be an awful lot of exhaust fumes

When driving about but mostly parked I notice an awful lot of exhaust fumes I've never noticed this before with any othe car I've had. Is this normal or something I should report to dealer.
    Car is a ds3 1.6 sport 150 break done just over 3000 miles.

Have you checked your engine coolant level?

Comment

Originally posted by Kerribears View Post
      When driving about but mostly parked I notice an awful lot of exhaust fumes I've never noticed this before with any othe car I've had. Is this normal or something I should report to dealer.
      Car is a ds3 1.6 sport 150 break done just over 3000 miles.
      I have noticed this with my DSports Plus 1.6 THP 155. I thought it was because it has only done 5 miles.
      Will keep an eye out and let you know.
      TwinnieE
      :cool:

Comment

kerri do you warm the car properly before using it ?. If so could be just water vapour sitting in exaust will be excessive for app 5 miles then should calm down.
        if it is really excessive you could have a leaking seal on your turbo, the way to tell this is let it tickover on your drive untill it reaches temp and smell the fumes lol, they will smell of oil really strong smell of oil not fuel oil

Comment

i have had this since new and mine is 18months old now 11000 i wudnt worry ive had no problems with it i find a good rev through the gears and hard drive and its still there as said above mostly water vapour its not coloured is it ? mines just clear .

Comment

I've been noticing this in my VTi lately. I reckon it might calm down once the weather starts to hot up a bit. Must just be a build up of condensation surely?
            Dstyle+ 1.6 VTi, Red/Black

Comment

Was thinking it could be the weather myself, I mostly use the car round my home town going back and forward to work
              Which is only a mile and a bit away so I'm prob not getting the car warmed up properly, I will check out the fumes. Thanks everyone for the quick response would hate anything to be wrong with the car
              as I love it.

Comment

Happy driving and welcome to the club
                Dstyle+ 1.6 VTi, Red/Black

Comment

Working...
                X