110 HDi slight engine problem - revs jumpy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 110 HDi slight engine problem - revs jumpy

The wifes DS3 is now 6 months old and has done 3,000 miles and it seems to have an intermittent issue, which I couldn't find searching on here.

The best way to describe it is that the revs are jumpy when you try to maintain a constant speed - even worse when you put the cruise control on. You can see the rev needle jumping by up to 1/2 an rpm very quickly and basically means you have to constantly change your speed, either more gas or off completely, otherwise it is 'lurches' a lot. However, if you turn the engine off and then on again it is fine again. The wife says it's done it a few times now, we only noticed it as I was driving it at the weekend for a long journey with CC, which she rarely uses.

No error messages and running seems absolutely fine. Car does short journeys half dual carriageway half stop start traffic. Current mpg is about 50 and she doesn't hang about - I thought it could have perhaps been the DPF (if it has one!) but she drives it fast everyday for a few miles.

Is this a common fault / anyone else experienced it? As there haven't been any error messages I don't want to waste a trip to the dealer if they can't find a problem and probably try and charge me for the pleasure...

Thanks in advance

Not come across this one sorry and i have same engine in both of the DS3 ive had and done over 30k without hint of issue , touch wood .:-)
    I couldn't fix yer brakes so I made your horn louder!

Comment

It sounds like a fuelling issue to the engine, but at 3,000 miles I wouldn't think you would be suffering with fuel waxing. Pop open the filler cap and have a close look around the edges and on the back of the cap for a white milky fluid, if it's there then you filter may be getting clogged.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Thanks Bigdrinks - Had a look in the filler cap and nothing; clean as a whistle!
        It only does it on cruise control or when holding the throttle steady. If you floor it, the power delivery is fine and instant - just can't hold it steady.

Comment

Mine seems to do this as well by the sounds of your description. Tends to happen for me at about 70 mph in 6th gear and the car judders and lurches along. Mine is coming up for 2 years old,has done about 17k I think and is driven M-Fri on a dual carriageway for 18 miles each way to get to work. Happens really intermittently with no obvious pattern bar the 70 mph in 6th gear. Mentioned to my dealer a while back and they pretty much fobbed me off.

It's the only thing that frustrates me about my beautiful DS3

Comment

It seemed to do it at most speeds. It felt like the car was running out of petrol, but just kept doing it with no warning lights. Only noticed it at higher speeds as were on a dual carriageway, and it did it in 5th and 6th, but as I said before floor it and it was fine...

Very strange. Anyone want to lend me a Lexia tool to see what that comes up with as soon as it next does it (oh and I might change the soapy frogs at the same time!) The wife is well jealous that on my car the, urm, soapy frogs, stay on at night with the headlights just at half soapyness. I can also turn them off altogether and or just have them and the rears on...

Comment

It's probably just doing a regeneration of the DPF, this can cause lumpiness,power loss etc.....
              You would be able to check the Dpf loading and regen status with the Lexia tool in live parameters.

www.SPTuning.co.uk
              White on red THP
              Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

I've booked it in with Citroen Milton Keynes (Perrys) next week who've assured me I won't be charged if they don't find a fault.
                The wife said it was particularly noisey today, like an old oil burner with clacking/rattling noise.

Comment

Working...
                X