X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THP problems on late cars?

Hi all

My first post here....
    we're about to push the button on a late 2011 DS3 sport, but I'mn a little worried about the THP issues. Having owned a 207CC with two replacement timing sets, I;m hesitating whether to potentially go down the same engine route,

My question is, did the engine manufacturer finally fix the issues at a certain point in time? or are people still having problems even on very late engines?

Cheers in advance

GG

Welcome

Not too sure about later models, or the initial fixes and duration, people will be along to help and advise I'm sure!

Would you not consider the diesel?

What colour are you thinking?
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

the one we've seen is thorium grey with dark red roof, black and red leather...looks really classy. May consider a diesel (110) but need to research whether that model can be chipped.

Comment

Pretty sure it can! I wish I had the 110 for the capabillties and pull you can get.

Red leather does look smart
        My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

I've read of peope's issues with the THP engines. I've had mine however for just over a year and 18k miles.
          Not had any engine problems so far!

Comment

Got my THP in June 2011, had no problems at all with the engine. (Touch Wood)

Comment

Bigfeet's reliabilty poll is a good source of info also - here
              My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

i believe they changed the belt and tensioner system on post 2010 models.

Comment

I would advise you to look for post model 15 versions, I'll post up the LCDV code for these but the only issue is that you would need access to Citroen Service or SAGAI in order to check.

If you like pass me the reg number of any car and I'll check for you.
                  ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                  Bigfeet's File Repository
                  The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Mine is from august 2011. Had 9k KM on it, Now it has around 13k. No issues yet so far with the engine.
                    BLACK DS3 Sport Chic 150THP | Forge Induction Kit | Skytune Exhaust

Comment

Mine is march 2010 - engine issues!

Comment

Mid 2011 and inlet manifold fault.

Comment

Working...
                        X