Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DS3r ECU - Repair/Replace - Retailer/Installer (North West UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3r ECU - Repair/Replace - Retailer/Installer (North West UK)

I've been struggling with an issue for over a year and the garages I've taken the car to have been unable to identify the cause - the local DS garage said they'd recommend a whole new engine, however multiple other independents say that shouldn't be required.

One of these independents has now said they believe the issue can be traced back to the ECU and it will cost around £1300 for a new one.

The issue is basically misfires under acceleration, but only harsh acceleration, I can drive the car (very) carefully for both short and fairly long distances with no issues, but if I want to give it a burst of speed at any point the whole car shakes/judders and then there's a possibility of it bringing up a warning light and going into limp mode. This can happen both when the engine is cold, or warm.

The warning (when connected to the garages' machines) always says there's an issue with one of the coils - though they've been replaced countless times over the past 12-18 months due to this, so there's clearly an underline cause affecting them. It's even possible that the fault ultimately kills one of the coils altogether (as has happened several times too).

The way they explained the possible ECU issue is that basically it allows for the charge to build in the coil and then release it to cause the spark plug to fire, but what's happening is the charge is being held for too long and depending on the quality of the coil, depends on how much use I will get before it next fails.

Does anyone know some reputable retailers, where I might find a replacement? (I'd consider used if it's working)

I've been considering getting rid of the car altogether and so this is going to have to be a last gasp effort at fixing it, because the costs in tracking down the issue are starting to become more than the car is worth now (already more, if you consider it's not in a stable working condition currently).

It's a pity as I love the car, had it since new - April 2011 - not sure what I'd replace it with, don't really just want a car to get from A to B, I enjoy driving and want a car I can enjoy it in.
Working...
X