Heaters Are F****d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heaters Are F****d

So the other day my heaters stopped working. I noticed it on my way home from work but it seems that even though I can have them set to 26 degrees, the blow cold air one minute, then warm the next.

ANother wierd thing I have noticed since this is that after the heaters have stopped blowing hot air, my engine temperature guage goes up by a whole bar and then the engine fan comes on.

Don't know if these are related but seeing as they both started at the same time I figure they probly are.

Anyone else had any problems similar to this?

Cheers
    Dstyle+ 1.6 VTi, Red/Black

Yeah Someone Had This Before, I've Tried Searching But Cant Find The Thread,

Just Take It back To the Deaker Mate

Comment

Check the coolant level!

Comment

^

Agreed, when a heater goes from hot to cold quickly it's a classic sign of failing coolant levels.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

So I should check my engine water level or something else? (In case you didn't guess, I'm kinda useless with this sorta thing...)

Comment

Pop open the bonnet and look for a white globe like tank, should have a blue cap and filled with blueish water. This is your coolant tank, check it when the engine is warmed up and running. Look at the side and you should see a Min and Max markings, if the level is below then top the water up but be careful not to put not much in and always add a little bit at a time as sometimes the back pressure can give a false reading.

Comment

Or you could read the manual that you got with the car............:rolleyes:
              E HDI 90 White black roof....called free willy.....Because it looks like a Killer Whale .... Now gone to a better place march 2012 to March 2014
              Dstyle+ E Hdi 90 Sport Red Black roof .......The Red Barron ....

Comment

Feel like quite an idiot now lol. I was thinking there'd be some seperate coolant for the air con...

Comment

dont take cap off coolant resivoir when engine is hot !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony DS3 View Post
                    Or you could read the manual that you got with the car............:rolleyes:
                    Or do what I tend too and get your car cleaned/levels topped up/tyres pumped up at DS3 meets - works a treat
                    My DS3R3... nearly....
                    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

yh funny tht isnt it :\

Comment

So I topped up my coolant last nigth and everything seems to be in working order, including the heaters. Only question is, should my collant be that low after only 7k miles? Never had that with any of my other cars but I'm no mechanic :/

Comment

Sounds like to me you car suffered from a poor PDI, normally coolant levels are fine when cars arrive from the factory but it should be checked at PDI anyway.

Comment

might be a leak?

Just take it to the dealer if it drops again.
                            sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                            Third time around.
                            Work in Progress

Comment

Gonna keep a close eye on it in the next couple weeks. I was thinking that when I saw how low the coolant was. Maybe Citroen penny pinching gone mad? lol

Comment

Working...
                              X