Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to fit the roof bars yourself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to fit the roof bars yourself?

I've just placed an order for the roof bars and the strips that run down the roof, a reasonable £156. Now they want to charge me an additional £26 just to install them.

Does anyone have any experience of installing these yourself? How difficult is it?

Thanks
    Chris

you can do it yourself - the roof strips pop off with bit of upward pressure, starting at one end.

The roof bar feet clamp on to metal buttons that form part of the roof. I seem to recall (it's a good while back!) that the bars require adjusting on the initial fit? If they do then it's not difficult

If you choose to fit the new strips with hinged access doors be aware that these only come in black. I sprayed mine to match the roof but it wasn't perfect since they have a rubbery edge. I only use my bars very occasionally so I put the originals back on in between times
    Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

That's brilliant thanks,

I'm going to be fitting the new runners which I've just ordered. Luckily my roof is black so shouldn't have to change them around much. Hoping they just pop in where the other ones pop out.

Comment

Working...
      X