Fuel Guage not changing after top up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Guage not changing after top up

Apologies if this is posted elsewhere but this is different to the recent thread.
    After topping up with 14 ltrs of diesel ready for a long run tomorrow I notice the Trip computer has not registeret the additional fuel and nor had the fuel guage. Checked the manual and know to let the pump shut off max three times etc. But was the pump pumping fresh air have i been stitched up by Mr Tesco or is this a common malfunction. More to the point will it sort itself out after a run of more than the 5 miles I have just done or after another fill up. Is there any user reset facility? I know someone will have the answer. Hope so anyway. Thanks

Right I take it you brimmed the car when you put fuel in? The gauge should reset when you switch the engine, but sometimes you do need to give it a couple of minutes for the car to register.

Failing that you can 'hard' reset the car by pulling out the Shunt Fuse inside the glovebox (grey fuse with HS and is extra wide) but make sure you note it's position. Give it about a minute before you pop it back in.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Thanks for that sir its had a couple of hours and and been on three more short journeys no change. If I do the hard reset what other effects would that have as far as radio settings and bluetooth etc??

Comment

You will need to reset the clock, radio and possibly the speedo/temp settings.

Comment

Trying to build up courage to do it could you just confirm what you mean by " speedo/temp settings" Thank you

Comment

Lol!

Sometimes the DS will kick back to displaying KHP rather than MPH thats all.

Comment

Roger that thank you breaths a sigh of relief

Comment

OK Bf tried that on the plus side only the clock needed resetting but still no working. Left fuse out for just over a minute and heard a click as I reinserted it. Guess its dealer time hey shall I pop it round to you xxxxxxx lol any other ideas greatfully received.

Comment

Dont worry about this I have had it three times and Ive done 47000 it will right itself on the next fill if it behaves like mine

Comment

Thanks floydy will report back after next fill up.

Comment

sorted, you were quite correct

Comment

Glad to hear that yours sorted it's self out.

Comment

Got me thinkin...Cor blimey- wouldnt it be nice to have a fuel gauge that always was and registered FULL
                          Dreaming....I'm still dreamimg...............
                          CBLUE
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                          X