Oil Warning and type?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Warning and type?

Hey guys. Just switched on the car and let it idle for a minute, then i heard a beep and on the display the "low oil" warning sign along with the service light lit up. Now i know the service is not due because it still says i have to do over a 1000 miles before it has to be taken in. Is it just telling me the oil needs topping up or does it need the service aswell?

If it's just the oil, does anyone know which Total oil i should purchase for a 1.6 petrol? I dont understand all this 5W30, 5W40, 10W40, and the rest lol.

Thanks.

It should say in the manual. It's best to check the oil frequently rather than wait for the warning light to come on, although with new modern cars most of us get a bit blase.
    sigpic

Comment

Hi fatwomble. Thanks for reply. I had a look in the manual and cant seem to find anything on the oil i should use. Just says Citroen recommeneds Total. Will have a look again.

Thanks.

Comment

Failing that Halfords souls have the correct oil listed in there car listings in the oil section or go on Opie oils web site and check what they say is the correct grade.
        sigpic

Comment

Go to the Halfords web page and put your reg number in and it will tell you what you need.........
          E HDI 90 White black roof....called free willy.....Because it looks like a Killer Whale .... Now gone to a better place march 2012 to March 2014
          Dstyle+ E Hdi 90 Sport Red Black roof .......The Red Barron ....

Comment

its not in the manual its in the service book got a grid table with engines and oils on it.

Comment

Hey guys thanks for the replies. Thanks matt. Have to look for the service book. Found the type. But local garage never had the required oil, so i just shoved in some QUARTZ 7000 10W-40 in it. All good so far

Comment

Working...
              X