Coolant leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant leak

Has anyone else had any problems with leaking coolant? I've come to the conclusion that I have one after having to top up my coolant 3 times since I got the car (8k miles ago). Just trying to see if its a common problem I could mention to the dealer when I bring it in to get fixed.

Hope to fuck it hasn't done any damage!
    Dstyle+ 1.6 VTi, Red/Black

not me anyway, not far off 9k now and no problems (yet lol)
    Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

no leaks but my water pump blew up.
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

i wud be down the dealer yesterday if this was me tbh. could be hose gone or more seriously the headgasket. take oil filler cap off and see if its gon creamy brown. if it has panic lol

Comment

I've checked the oil already and everything in that department looks ok. Hope its a simple fix. Doesn't exactly give me much faith in the build quality though...

Comment

So the plot thickens... I topped up my coolant today as my car is booked in for tomorrow morning I thought it would do to keep it ticking over. So I notice on ym break at work that the heating has stopped working so I open up the bonnet to have a look at my coolant.

To my surprise I find that the coolant has boiled over and popped the cap off (which is now missing)...

Guess this isn't gonna be a quick fix then?!

Comment

Yes, I had a coolant leak November 2011, which was fixed under warranty but the car hasn't driven correctly since (very jumpy in first and second gear). I took it in to the Citroen garage again in Jan 2012 but was told that there was nothing wrong after a complete check. It still drove very poorly (jumpy and lack of response). Surprise surprise it broke down again on Monday morning (this time a problem with thermostat housing and leaking fluid). It is currently being fixed under warranty but I have completely lost confidence in my DS3. Anyone else having similar problems? I feel like I have bought a dud. [I have tried to speak with Citroen about a replacement but they don't want to know and have referred me to my dealership, but they also don't want to know as have stopped supplying Citroens. Any advice gratefully received.]

Comment

Working...
              X