Roof Bars - quick to install?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof Bars - quick to install?

I've searched the forum but I just need some clarification...

Are the Citroen roof bars quick to install after the initial setup? I want to have the roof bars with two Thule 591 carriers (do these fit the bars?) on and just 'plonk' it on as one unit when I need it.

Yeah It's Simple To Do,

You Just Take Out The 2 Standard Strips That Came With Your Car, Put In The 2 New Ones And Then Attach The Roof Bars

Comment

The bars have a simple clamp at each end similar to your bike wheel quick release, however trying to fit the bars and bike carriers as a unit on your own might risk damage to the little trap doors on the replacement roof strips, and the paintwork!
      Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

I've got that setup. Roof bars with 2 x 591s attached. It's possible to drop them on yourself with care and a bit of technique. I used to do it all the time with my previous car. The odd scratch proved it! But I tend to just do it bars then cycle racks with these. The bars are so quick to fit it's not worth the risk to save a few minutes. :-)

Dave.

Comment

Working...
        X