Guide to have Daylight LED on all the time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guide to have Daylight LED on all the time

This fix is on your own risk and is only showed to show how it can be done. Any tampering with the electrics could end in lost warranty.

Removed due to many people saying it's dangerous and so on to do this fix.

The guide for can still be found here, if someone want to use it to figure out a alternative fix.
    Guide in PDF here.
    Last edited by Eiken; 28-09-2010, 08:08.

Fucking legend Eiken! Nice one!
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

An interesting 'botch' job, it appears that you take the power from the headlights and feed the DRL via a 5amp fuse so when you switch the lights on it feeds the DRL.

First concern would be what stops the DRL lighting pushing 12v back into the the headlights when you just have DRL on, and I assume the front fog are on just for 'effect' the the picture. I think I would need to see the vehicle electrical schematics before I going trying this 'fix'.

Oh and if you see a previous post according to ECE (48) Regulations it is illegal to have DRL on with other forward facing lights.

6.19.7.1. The daytime running lamps shall be switched ON automatically when the device which starts and/or stops the engine is in a position which makes it possible for
      the engine to operate. However, daytime running lamps may remain OFF while the automatic transmission control is in the park or neutral position, while the
      parking brake is applied or after the propulsion system is activated but the vehicle was not set in motion for the first time.
      The daytime running lamps shall switch OFF automatically when the front fog llamps or headlamps are switched ON, except when the latter are used to give
      intermittent luminous warnings at short intervals. Furthermore, the lamps referred to in paragraph 5.11. are not switched ON when
      the daytime running lamps are switched ON.

Paragraph 5.11 refers to front position/side lights

Steve

Comment

Your wellcome.
        When i get home i will try to make a more understandeble guide with some nice arrows drawed on the pictures and so on hehe

Comment

Guess what a sizeable proportion of people on here will be doing this afternoon!

One cautionary note before you get the toolkit out - is there a risk that Citroen will use this mod to deny warranty cover to anyone with an electrical problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Eiken View Post
            Your wellcome.
            When i get home i will try to make a more understandeble guide with some nice arrows drawed on the pictures and so on hehe
            I Think We Should Make Babies...

Comment

Anything electrical bodge will void the cars warranty. Regardless if its a running fault even. Techs can and will refuse to work on cars that have been messed with.

Comment

Originally posted by HerbyDS3 View Post
                Anything electrical bodge will void the cars warranty. Regardless if its a running fault even. Techs can and will refuse to work on cars that have been messed with.
                Feared so. I'm out!

Comment

I know the whole thing about DRL being illegal when on with other lights but what does that mean Audi DRL are classed as? I'v seen plenty of Audis with the LED flick under the headlights on at night with the normal lights, its the same with the ring of LED's around the lights on the new Range Rovers, on during the day with lights off, and at night with lights on.
                  Either that or im imagining it, just wondering if anyone else has noticed or knows anything about it!?
                  Last edited by Parafilm; 26-09-2010, 17:36. Reason: Shocking typo's...
                  '10 DSport in Black/Carmen Red 'Daisy' - Traded back in
                  '61 DSport+ in White/Black 'Poppy'
                  'We do what we must, because we can.'
                  Entropy... It's not what it used to be...

Comment

Originally posted by Parafilm View Post
                    I know the whole thing about DRL being illegal when on with other lights but what does that mean Audi DRL are classed as? I'v seen plenty of Audis with the LED flick under the headlights on at night with the normal lights, its the same with the ring of LED's around the lights on the new Range Rovers, on during the day with lights off, and at night with lights on.
                    Either that or im imagining it, just wondering if anyone else has noticed or knows anything about it!?
                    Because they are intergrated into the headlamp and are slightly not as bright as the DS3's. Having them intergrated into the headlamp, the normal dip and beam would tone out the LEDs.

Comment

Cheers Herby!
                      For the record I'd also like to say that's a well cheeky work-around.

Comment

I think it's worth paying the price of not being able to have them on at night though, seeing as how ours are way cooler.

Comment

Well done Eiken.

Your a credit to this site mate...Not sure i woud attempt the fix from your pictures but would be intersted in a step by step guide before i attempt the task in hand.:rolleyes:

I guess those people that are sceptacle our entitled to an opinion...If the Audis can do it so can DS3 Owners in my opinion.

What's the worst that can happen regarding the law...

A fine perhaps...Maybe you will get a producer if stopped by the Police...You take the fix off...Simples

It's illlegal to take drugs but peeps do it.

For me the cool look far outways these implications.

Thanks Eiken i new there was some clever person would come up with the fix:cool:

Comment

Eiken by implementing this fix....I take it the day running lights still come on as normal ??.

Comment

Just to let you all know, if i get the time to do it. I Will try to do a non traceable fix tomorrow, it should be possible to do it without the wire clips .

And then offcourse a guide how to.

Yes the LED's should come on as normal.
                              Last edited by Eiken; 26-09-2010, 20:02.

Comment

Working...
                              X