hole under my DS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hole under my DS3

I heard a loud bang while driving home this evening. When i got home and had a look around the car i noticed
    underneath the passenger side a large metal object impailed through the underneath. I pulled it out and it was a large metal file about 10 inches long. Now i have a hole the size of my fist under the car.
    Question now is

1 is there anything under there that could have been damaged?

2 can the plastic moulding?covering or whatever it is be replaced

3 and most importantly how much would it cost
    sigpic

personally i "think" its only the air intake there but id get it down to ur dealer asap and get it checked etc. but its impossible to no wot damage is done without seeing it so id be wary personally

Comment

i am hoping to do that tomorrow, i am just a bit worried as to the extent of damage i cant see :mad:
      sigpic

Comment

Bleedin hell, good job it didn't come through the windscreen. Hope it will all be ok.

Comment

weird thing is i dont know where it came from?? i saw nothing on the road, just the noise.
          I am really pissed off, my poor wee car..............
          sigpic

Comment

Oh no!! Hope all is ok! And glad you are fine

Keep us updated x
            My DS3R3... nearly....
            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

something similar happened me on monday night, tho I wasn't lucky enough to have my car skewered!
              But the plastic moulding was hanging off at the back drivers side. I THINK its ok, i gave it a thump and it clicked back in!
              Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

well car is booked into garage. They say its only the dust/dirt cover that is damaged but will get a better look on friday when its up on the ramps. The cover is being replaced fo r a tidy sum of £80...........
                sigpic

Comment

£80 doesn't sound too bad, you don't get much in car life for that.

Several years ago I went over a lump of brick rubble, causing £500 worth of damage. More than a little bit annoyed at that one
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fatwomble View Post
                    £80 doesn't sound too bad, you don't get much in car life for that.

Several years ago I went over a lump of brick rubble, causing £500 worth of damage. More than a little bit annoyed at that one
                    Surely that's pretty cheap for a Lotus? I've heard of some elise's evora's being written off in the past for simple panel work!
                    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by mattds3sport View Post
                      personally i "think" its only the air intake there
                      O.O What...

Comment

took my car in today for its repair only to be told.." the part has not come in " why not i ask? and i am told due to the high demand for DS3's coming of the production line i am not not allowed my new part............ new cars have priority!!!

So my next question was " what about customer after care " only to be told again im not the priorty in citroens eyes.

Am pretty annoyed right now.............
                        sigpic

Comment

what now ?

Comment

Thats bollox take it to another dealer

Comment

Thinks it's rude that they didn't call to let you know and save the trip.
                              Originally posted by cyclone
                              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                              Originally posted by Broda
                              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
                              X