Wonky dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonky dash

Hi everyone I have just noticed the dash unit is lower on the drivers side and there is some scarring on the passenger side on the A pillar where it was forced to fit, not good quality at all maybe I am being fussy but the hood gap to the grille is not very good either. I have got a bad feeling about this car only done 150 miles from new, and I noticed a bloody great chip on the roof when it was dry as it actually stopped raining, any suggestions on the chip ?

I really hope some french guys on a friday afternoon just before knocking off time did not think "it izzz only a roast beef car" and threw it together with out a care, because that would be stupid .......................................or are they

What`s French for Lemon ?

Nope we saw the friday car at the factory and it was black, lol. Coz its that new I would go and see the dealer and explain that this was the first chance you had to get a proper look around the car. But be nice, it always helps.

Comment

Hmm defo approach your dealer and tell them you have some concerns!

I felt exactly the same (and still have some niggles I'm dealing with despite the fact I love my car to bits).

I was having problems with my stereo connecting to Bluetooth, and thought my glove compartment looked wonky. Spoked to my dealer about both. Turns out the stereo does have a problem but the glove compartment is just how it is! (so they said lol). At least now I'm getting my stereo fixed rather than just worrying about it! I've also found a chip in the shiny black finish near where it meets the head unit and mentioned that too although waiting for the head unit to arrive so I can take it in to show them. ( they said they'd need to take pics to send away).

I understand your feelings and think its natural to have concerns after forking out a load of money and you really have nothing to lose by telling your dealer you're a little disappointed.
      2012 Citroen DS3 e-hdi 110 Airdream
      2002 Fiat Punto 1.2
      1996 Citroen AX Forte

Comment

Originally posted by Albion View Post
        What`s French for Lemon ?
        Citro(e)n!!

Comment

All under Warranty I'm sure,

Someone had the exact same thing - can't find it now, my memory is better than I think, I think.

There was an off placed dash here all fixed and ok

I have chips - its not the cars fault though.

I've seen the Friday car, this isn't it
          My DS3R3... nearly....
          New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Its a lovely looking car and drives well, I do love it but the build quality is awful. Not looking forward to the next three years gonna rattle like hell.

Comment

As above go and have a chat with your dealer and raise your concerns with the car to them, remember to be polite as I know I'm less likely to want to help someone who rants at me

Show your dealer the bits you need sorted and write it down and have both of you sign it as an agreement of work to be done, some dealers do use a 'job card' which serves just as well. This way you can both agree on the work.

The bonnet gap (I assume this is what you mean) on most DS3 is a little on the wide side, try and have a look at some others to reassure yourself that yours may be normal.
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Have got a week off next week will drive up to see the dealer ive had a look at the DS3 in the Vauxhall employee car park and I am right about the dash, I have had a word with the quality manager at work and even gave him the keys to look over the offending dash, he thinks I should take it back "peirre needs a kick up the dairy air" he said but he said he was sorry for driving it around his house to pick up hes packed lunch he forgot, yer a likely story, he loves it, just get it sorted he said. I would just like to say to everyone I DO LOVE IT its full of charm a dream to drive and so bloody attractive, do i prefer this car to my wife ? hmmmmmm its a close call lol.

Comment

As for the bonnet gap, I am a door/hood or bonnet and tail gate setter on the Vauxhall vivaro and renault traffic, so .................................... anyone need any door setting tips let me know.

Comment

All car manufacturers have standards to work to on panel gaps and door shuts....I work for a very well known 4X4 manufacturer and some of the standards they get us to work to are a joke and not all ways good. I know you have paid good money for your car but you would be surprised what you can do for your self. I had a few
                    wind noise issues and a few squeaks and rattles with my DS3 couple of hours and all sorted.
                    E HDI 90 White black roof....called free willy.....Because it looks like a Killer Whale .... Now gone to a better place march 2012 to March 2014
                    Dstyle+ E Hdi 90 Sport Red Black roof .......The Red Barron ....

Comment

Good name Tony, I am into saving whales and Dolphins, been trying to help for 30 years, I have a confession my wife has named my E HDI 90 Blue Black Roof.....Scooby after one of our Chinchillas who sadly recently died...............Wonder what names other members have called thier DS3 ?

Comment

There are threads on names if you want to look.

Comment

Working...
                        X