Sticky Steering wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
    The steering wheel is made from leather, just the man made stuff rather than moo-moo so what's stated in the brochure is not mis-representation.
    Ain't no such thing, Biggie. To the man on the Clapham omnibus, "leather" means the skin or hide of an animal, and that's how a court would interpret it. If the wheel covering is in fact imitation or "faux" leather, then the statement in the brochure is an actionable misrepresentation imho (and also a breach of contract to boot).

Comment

^

Sorry mate you saying that there is no such thing as Man-Made Leather? That's where the term Natural Leather comes from

The point being raised here is whether Citroen should list the type of leather used which I don't think really makes any difference.

Anyway all this is a little incidental as on the back of every brochure Citroen has a 'get out of jail' cause!
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
        ^

Anyway all this is a little incidental as on the back of every brochure Citroen has a 'get out of jail' cause!
        'kin cheapskates!!

The 'leather' saddlebags on my Harley are tanned animal hide, as is the seat on my Vespa, and the steering wheel rim on my '72 Clan

Man-made leather indeed!!!! Are you sayin' it's plastic Biggie?
        Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

from t'internet - no wonder it's attacked by cleaners!

Man made leather is synthetically processed by spreading a mix of linseed oil, dryers and pigments over calico. The mix is applied several times till the required level of finish is obtained. Once the gloss level like in the case of an enamel paint is achieved, a final coat of copal varnish is applied. Man made leather is also known as artificial leather.

Natural leather

The life of natural leather is almost five times that of man made leather in ideal usage conditions. It has a higher versatility coupled with elegance. Horses, buffaloes, cows and steers are the most common animal skins used to produce leather.
          Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

My Anglia one is real bovine and although worn from 40 odd years of use, still isn't sticky or breaking up like fake leather wheels do.

Comment

I've contacted Citroen to ask which it is, the person I spoke too is going to find out for us

Comment

Word back from Citroen.

The steering wheel is fitted with real leather and on the Sport versions it is of a higher thickness and quality, so there you go

Comment

Call off the attack dog lawyers (until the next time...)

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
                    Call off the attack dog lawyers (until the next time...)
                    Lol!! Just as our argument was getting fun!!

Comment

Working...
                    X