Whining noise coming from centre speaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whining noise coming from centre speaker

Hey guys and girls haven't been on here for ages, I've got a noise coming from my centre speaker it sounds like a whining in tune with the engine revs, it's only intermittent. Also the centre speaker crackles when pressing brake and clutch and using indicators. but only when it's whining. Also you can get rid of the whining a lot by turning the ac off. But I'm sure the noise isn't from the engine and from the speaker. It's a weird one. I no a few of you have had issues with the centre speakers so just wanted to no if these are the same symptoms? It's booked in for Friday so no major issue.
    Other things to update you on I've finally got my space saver 13 months after I bought the car. It's done 7400 miles without any problems until this happened, other than the radio controls at the steering wheel being replaced. It hasn't been washed for months due to the weather and I'm sure the muck is hiding a few dints and scratches so will need to get them sorted ASAP. Also one of my wheels has been kerbed. Gutted. Need to get on here a bit more. Also I've seen a cup holder on eBay for the ds3, any good? I really could do with one.
    Laters

Sounds like a loose wire or the speaker picking up some sort of vibration - you're doing the right thing buy getting it checked out. If they replace the speaker ask the dealer to double check the cables and connectors to make sure there is no other problem.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Went in today and they've replaced the speaker. Guess what still does it all the way home. So I've voice recorded it on my phone and it's going straight black on Tuesday.

Comment

maybe the problem is the mirror, like mine.

Comment

Hi,

Did you manage to solve this? I have excatly same problem.

Comment

The only whining noise in mine is usually from the passenger seat.

Comment

Hi,

a whining noise would normally be interference from the cars electrical system, as suggested checking the connections would be a good start, also ensuring that the speaker cables are well away from power sources. I really wouldn't expect to see this issue on a standard setup, this kind of thing is more associated with people who fit aftermarket amplifiers and speakers who route speaker cables next to power cables.

hth
              Rich

Comment

Hi guys, Newbie Andy
                I have the same problems with the speaker in the centre or tweeter, its like some have said, in older cars you used to hear it through dodgy earth connections or dodgy stereo's. Not impressed anyway with the quality of the Upgraded HIFi i paid extra for, very poor sound at medium levels, terrible at high levels.
                i will let you know how i get on at the dealers, but wont hold my breath...after the air bag on the drivers seat has come loose, took it back for warranty, said they will order a part, fitted part? , said it cant be fixed 'properly' under warranty must be the way i sit.....im average 13stone guy 5'11.:bow:

Comment

This (speaker issue and airbag) is surely a warranty fix ?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
                    The only whining noise in mine is usually from the passenger seat.
                    Ha- yeah. (Just my little joke- in case the wife gets on here)
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

mine has done this a few times - did anyone ever get a fix for it?

Comment

Originally posted by databeat1 View Post
                        ............Not impressed anyway with the quality of the Upgraded HIFi i paid extra for, very poor sound at medium levels, terrible at high levels.........
                        Everybody said the upgraded stereo was really good?!
                        Seemed ok on my test drive (haven't actually got it yet)
                        Even CLARKSON was impressed, and that's no easy feat!
                        What's the poor bit of it, is it just the interference that's ruining it?
                        FatS
                        :cool: YELLOWS :cool:

Comment

Not sure what the issue with the stereo is ? Mine is v good and much better than the one Vauxhall put in my previous Astra SRi
                          sigpic

Comment

I WILL be thoroughly testing it wiv me Gary Numan
                            and Abba and the Birdie Song when I get mine !!
                            Expert Opion to follow............
                            :cool: YELLOWS :cool:

Comment

I'm not sure the stereo can cope with the birdie song mate ??
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X