No announcement yet.

Stereo stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's hope that our new stereos (assuming that's what they give me) work properly!

Comment

Originally posted by tez View Post
      I bought a 32gb usb stick for mine and sometimes it used to play a few songs but most of the time it only played about 30secs then knocked off, select usb again and it started playing again then 30secs later knocked off again. Then when i selected it again it came up with error and sometimes it knocked the volume off etc and only way i could get it back working was to turn car off for 5mins, then it was fine apart from the usb problem starting again when i tried it. Gave up on it now and gone back to my Ipod which works fine through the usb.
      It's a shame that you had to do that, because the usb stick is the most convenient way to play music. You don't have to attach something each time you get into the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Human after all View Post
        the usb stick is the most convenient way to play music. You don't have to attach something each time you get into the car.
        Excuse my ignorance- can talk about Asymetric digital subscriber lines for ages. But how you get music onto a USB?
        Ive got the slot for the USB but not an avid music fan- but would like a few tunes on a stick now and again
        CDs are a pain to interchange when on the road.
        Do you have to buy music from itunes and such like?
        CBLUE
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Chris not necessarily you can download your favs from your CDs on to you computer and then transfer them to your usb stick.

I use Itunes cos I have an ipod
          sigpic

Comment

Cheers AJ- How much is itunes and do you have to register or something?
            CBLUE
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

I tunes is free then you open an account with them to pay for your downloads
              Originally posted by cyclone
              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
              Originally posted by Broda
              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Check this out for converting iTunes to MP3

http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...ghlight=itunes

Post #3
                ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                Bigfeet's File Repository
                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                  How long has it been now? Seems like you have been waiting forever!
                  Been waiting since the 21st of March (over 6 weeks ago) Originally the problem was because the car was so new. This week I was told that the woman who normally sorts these replacement parts is in hospital so there's a backlog which they're trying to clear. Not sure if it's a dealer problem or a Citroen problem but does seem a little crazy.

Love my car but it is annoying!!
                  2012 Citroen DS3 e-hdi 110 Airdream
                  2002 Fiat Punto 1.2
                  1996 Citroen AX Forte

Comment

^ Rubbish.

The radio that's fitted to the DS3 is a common one that's installed across the range. Sorry but we had a replacement radio for a C4 arrive within two weeks of requesting it.

Think you need to go back to your dealer and poke them with a sharp stick

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                      Excuse my ignorance- can talk about Asymetric digital subscriber lines for ages. But how you get music onto a USB?
                      Ive got the slot for the USB but not an avid music fan- but would like a few tunes on a stick now and again
                      CDs are a pain to interchange when on the road.
                      Do you have to buy music from itunes and such like?
                      CBLUE
                      You can use itunes to download songs, and it will convert to mp3 as others have suggested. I use CD rips. Something like Windows Media Player (you'll probably already have this) will allow you to rip the songs off your CD's into mp3 files, then you just have to put them on your usb memory stick.

Comment

iTunes can also import CD's and convert them to MP3 as well. It all boils down to what you find the easiest to use.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                          iTunes can also import CD's and convert them to MP3 as well. It all boils down to what you find the easiest to use.
                          I've always found itunes to be a bit memory thirsty, but as you said, each to their own.

Comment

One other question about this...

Would removing the radio fuse reset the time and date?

Comment

I get all my music off youtube, that way I can listen first and find the best quality one before I download it. Also youtube probably has the best selection of music anywhere in the world. I use a 4gb stick which is ample, cost about £3 from Asda.

Comment

Originally posted by Human after all View Post
                                One other question about this...

Would removing the radio fuse reset the time and date?
                                I would think so.

Comment

Working...
                                X