Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibration Noise and Engine whine.

Hi

Took my DS3 for a good run today and really put it through its paces........... The HDi 90 unit is great apart from a whining noise and the Misses noticed a rather anoying vibration noise coming from the passenger door and lower dash area, and a slight knocking coming from under the car on the drivers side its not to bad but call me fussy I hate nioses in my cars apart from the good ones lol

Would appreciate any advise, going to take it to the dealer Teusday for a wonky dash and "A" pillar scarring, and a chip on the roof

Have a great meet everyone.

Albion.
    Last edited by Albion; 06-05-2012, 11:45.

Took my DS3 back to the dealer today and Feel a total numpty now the dashboard is not wonky, the "A" Pillar trim is not fitted correctly doh, The whining noise is normal (the turbo) and the chip was my fault, well so he said, god for someone who works in a van factory and should no a little about cars I feel a right t***. As for the vibration and knocking noise I told him i would keep an eye on it.

Must say though I feel better about the poor old car I was moaning about. Its a bloody good little motor.

For those of you who want to say "I told you so" please leave your coments below lol.
    Last edited by Albion; 09-05-2012, 13:30.

Comment

Finally! I can use my stamp!!

My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Haw haw bloody haw lol.

Comment

Glad all is sorted though.

I found ANOTHER chip on the front of WTF at the weekend, never had a car attract so many stones :S
          My DS3R3... nearly....
          New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Yeah must admit they do attract stone chips, you probably know around this area there are lots of road works athe moment, and keep hearing stone on metal everytime I go to work, the mud flaps I had fitted are as useful as an ash tray on a motorbike but look really nice,wish workmen would clean up after themselves, worst car I had for that was a fiat punto.

Comment

Love the stamp Joni!

DS3's are really bad for chips, the bonnet is aluminium so the metal flexes which allows easier chips and the part on the lower bumper below the LED's is a real hot spot!
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Yup, gave my car a good clean yesterday and was horrified to find so many chips on the bonnet
                DS3 DSport 150 THP

Comment

Originally posted by Albion View Post
                  Yeah must admit they do attract stone chips, you probably know around this area there are lots of road works athe moment, and keep hearing stone on metal everytime I go to work, the mud flaps I had fitted are as useful as an ash tray on a motorbike but look really nice,wish workmen would clean up after themselves, worst car I had for that was a fiat punto.
                  Last time I went through some roadworks, I came out the other end with a huge bolt in the tyre, luckily it was bang in the middle so I could get a puncture repair!
                  DS3 DSport 150 THP

Comment

Well cars are ment to be driven, be nice if u could get a car that washed It's self and was immune to chips lol

Comment

Well cars are ment to be driven, be nice if u could get a car that washed It's self and was immune to chips lol
                      You can, well kind off. Subaru do this awesome plan with their new cars, they get a free monthly cleaning and minor dent and chip repair as well as a full valet every year for free. Its called Subaru ETC.

http://subaru.co.uk/buying-guide/etc
                      Last edited by pat40; 09-05-2012, 15:32.
                      DS3 DSport 150 THP

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                        DS3's are really bad for chips, the bonnet is aluminium so the metal flexes which allows easier chips and the part on the lower bumper below the LED's is a real hot spot!
                        My bonnet's made of a very rare sort of aluminium - the magnetic variety!

As for stone chips, I find the DS3 very good - the paint's much more chip-resistant than a lot of other cars I've had.

Comment

But they are very boring lol

Comment

Quite like the new BRZ that's coming out soon!
                            DS3 DSport 150 THP

Comment

But they are very boring lol
                              What, Subaru? Have you had a look at the new BRZ?

Comment

Working...
                              X