Top up oil warning not dissapearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top up oil warning not dissapearing

My car came up with a top up engine oil message this morning. After filling the engine, I started the engine and it still came up with the message. So I poured some more in and the message appeared again. I checked the dipstick and the oil level is at the maximum now, booked into the dealers. Anyone else had a similar problem?
    DS3 DSport 150 THP

It was serviced only in January, and the dipstick showed good levels last month, I'm surprised how it got to the minimum mark when I checked it this morning :S
    DS3 DSport 150 THP

Comment

weird. not had any prob with mine.
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Had a DS3 in the other day with this problem, I think it's was the oil sensor that was the problem but I'll check for you.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Same with mine. Have to fill up every 13000 kms and the oil warning dissapears only much later

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
            Had a DS3 in the other day with this problem, I think it's was the oil sensor that was the problem but I'll check for you.
            Did u manage to find out what it was Biggie? Car's going in tomorrow and the message seems to have disappeared this morning :S.
            DS3 DSport 150 THP

Comment

Hi guys I've got the same problem with mine. Car came up with a top up engine oil message, after filling the engine, I started the engine and it still came up with the message:bow:

Comment

Leave it for a few hours, takes a while for the message to dissappear!
                DS3 DSport 150 THP

Comment

I've never seen this on mine, will keep an eye out for it and try to remember that it appears to need time to reset after an oil top up
                  sigpic

Comment

Mine needs topping up every month now with the oil level low warning message; getting to be a bit of a nuisance now
                    Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
                    Take a pride in your ride
                    @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Mine needs topping up quite regularly as well. Have learnt to live with it now. Always have a bottle of oil in the boot in case I need it.
                      DS3 DSport 150 THP

Comment

It's not really a good idea to top up only when you get a low oil level warning. Use the dipstick as your primary guide - the light on the dash is a last resort indicating that the level is dangerously low.

I keep the oil level between the middle & the top of the markings on the dipstick to ensure that the level never falls too low, although with a consumption better than 5,000 miles/litre that's not very likeley to happen!
                        Last edited by DaveB; 15-07-2015, 08:24.

Comment

I do a lot of miles (currently 34k miles in my 13 plate eHDi) and have never seen oil consumption that you guys are getting
                          sigpic

Comment

Mine usually wants oil whenever I do a long drive (bought a bottle today in preparation for Trax) and it always takes a while for the message to go.
                            May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                            October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                            Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Working...
                            X