Club decals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club decals

Just tried to to fit my club decals and found after following the instructions the decals stuck to the backing paper, anyone else had a problem ?

I did with the old ones but the new one(the one at the top of the website) was easy.
    sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
    Third time around.
    Work in Progress

Comment

Me too. But you just have to keep rubbing the backing sheet with the edge of a credit card for about 20 mins checking every now and then that it is coming away from the backing sheet. It needs to be sticking to the facing sheet fully before you apply it. Dont use a thumb or finger or elseClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0222.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	353993 Ouch........ blister

Just have to be patient it will come eventually. Once you have applied it to the surface that you are applying rub gently but firmly with a cloth the facing sheet and then peel back carefully and voila!
      sigpic

Comment

OMG what have you lot been doing lol. Place complete decal on a flat surface, swipe across top sheet with edge of credit card or suitable plastic edge. Take to car and clean area for application. Now as it's a small decal carefully remove top sheet complete with decal. If any part of decal does not stick to top sheet just swipe that part till it does lift ( sometimes coax by bending back sheet to help ) When back sheet fully removed place decal in desired position then swipe firmly over cover sheet with c card . Gently peel backwards by pulling sheet virtuslly back on itself not away from sticker.

This works on all decals even intricate ones and even the two year old club decal I have just put on the new car. Even worked on our massive decals for WRC last year.

Comment

Thanks guys, ones already knackerd but will try and fit the remaining one when it stops raining. IOf not I will order some more really like the club key ring lol.

Comment

Well fitted my decal befor work it was a little harder due to the fact it was really stuck to the backing so had to persuade it away with my nails, I lost a dot but still looks ok.Click image for larger version

Name:	decal.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	354004

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Albion View Post
              Well fitted my decal befor work it was a little harder due to the fact it was really stuck to the backing so had to persuade it away with my nails, I lost a dot but still looks ok.[ATTACH=CONFIG]3615[/ATTACH]

Thanks for your help.
              Same as Chris_blue he is minus a dot as well. You can compare notes:cool:
              sigpic

Comment

Heat the graphic first with a hairdryer to help soften the backing paper

Chris_blue think you need to lose the other dot and it will be good
                ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                Bigfeet's File Repository
                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                  Heat the graphic first with a hairdryer to help soften the backing paper
                  i tried this, wrecked the bloody thing. it was only fit for the bin!
                  sticker number 2 - something similar happened and its lying in the boot i think!
                  Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

Ah now....the missing DOT. The question my friend, is should we loose a DOT or gain a DOT?
                    Thanks to WTF she sent another thru- but forgot to collar her on the Brighton run for her to fit it
                    As I dont trust meself
                    The difference is to ALBION (Seaagggulllss) is that my decal is the CAR shape one
                    Didna like the Chevron one as its old hat IMO
                    Maybe we should start a dotless club................thats the suggestion that worried WTF and was sent the dot thru
                    CBLUE
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Albion View Post
                      Well fitted my decal befor work it was a little harder due to the fact it was really stuck to the backing so had to persuade it away with my nails, I lost a dot but still looks ok.[ATTACH=CONFIG]3615[/ATTACH]

Thanks for your help.
                      Give me your address so I can send you some tipex
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X