Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tapperty engine

got a 1.6 dstyle and noticed a slight tapperty engine when cold,
    went to the dealers this morning for a key warranty job thought i would mention it.
    they agree its a slight tap when warm but alot worse when cold,
    they said they will look into any bullitins and get back to me but the service manager says
    he thinks he has read somewere that they have a tapperty engine.
    its got 7.5 k on the clock and drives really well just the slight tap which i cant hear when warm
    but in the service garage they said they could hear it when warm prob coz its inside.

anyone else get this on thiers????

thanks in advance
    Gaz

Sounds As If Your Oil Is Thinning Gaz, Had This Problem On My Astra A While Back - If It Pursues Try Some 'Wynns Tappet Cleaner' - Amazing Stuff, The Tapping Goes Straight Away !

Comment

Iv got the 1.6 THP DSport and it also has loud tappets, more so when its cold but you can hear a very slight ticking when its warm. As far as i know its cos pretty much all hydraulic tappets are loud when they are cold and i think all these engines run of a timing chain so are normally a bit more ticky than if run off a belt.
      '10 DSport in Black/Carmen Red 'Daisy' - Traded back in
      '61 DSport+ in White/Black 'Poppy'
      'We do what we must, because we can.'
      Entropy... It's not what it used to be...

Comment

With the latest engines the workshop have noticed more tappety noises when the engines are cold compared to the older version but our CT is happy that this is normal.

Let us know how you get on.
        Last edited by Bigfeet; 02-10-2010, 13:42.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

ok guys thanks for the replies, dealer said he will look into it and phone me on tuesday
          so will keep you posted

Comment

My THP's like a sewing machine (touch wood) - nothing out of the ordinary from the tappets at all.

Comment

Yeh mine makes a 'ticking' sound even when fully warmed up. Dont think its anything to worry about (although I was proper paranoid when I first noticed it!)

Comment

well had a call from the dealers about an hour ago and they have called my car in to have a look,
                very good guy on the service department has had a ring round and spoke to citroen uk tech guys
                and it was them who has said pull my car in,
                i must stress this is not a bad tap just very slight but enough for them to want to look at it.
                it will be getting booked in next week when they have a dealers car for the wife to use

so again will keep you posted, im just suprised they called back well done citroen warrington!!!!

Comment

Mine is tappy in the morning when i turn it on. but only in the morning's dont really notice it in the evening if it is doing it. but it never does it after the first 5 mins of warming up.

Comment

Working...
                  X