Thp boost pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thp boost pressure

Can anyone tell me the standard boost pressure on the thp engine and if possible the boost pressure of remapped cars?
    Cheers
    Nik

AFAIK, the standard boost pressure is 0.6bar,
    Mines running at 1.2bar from a Flash Remapping motorsport map and JCW turbo (modded wastegate)
    sigpic

Comment

0.6 bar, that's 8.4psi in old money.
      What kind of power output do you get from 1.2bar?

Comment

Just noticed the power on your post. Sorry

Comment

Before remapping mine would float around 0.6 also, did receive the occasionally flutter which would push it above. I can only assume due to other mods.

Now sits around 1.0 the majority of the time.
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

At what rpm should you start to get boost & at what rpm does should it reach reach maximum boost

Comment

With a standard car and tune on a 3rd gear pull at WOT boost reaches peak pressure 0.94bar@4800rpm and tails off to 0.55bar@6450rpm...
              White on red THP
              Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
                With a standard car and tune on a 3rd gear pull at WOT boost reaches peak pressure 0.94bar@4800rpm and tails off to 0.55bar@6450rpm...
                Don't seem to get any boost or very little until about 3000rpm then only get 0.67 bar
                Last edited by Markymark; 18-11-2014, 19:49.

Comment

A standard THP map wont get more than 0.7 bar ish. Remapped can get to 1.2 bar maybe 1.3
                  Cant remember the revs
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Racing seems to be 0.9 stock and mine is running 1.3-1.5.

1.6 i max for THP.
                    Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
                    ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
                    sigpic

Comment

Boost Log from a standard 155THP
                      White on red THP
                      Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

[QUOTE=Jamie@SPTuning;177255]
                        Boost Log from a standard 155THP[/QUOTE

great graph & info Jamie wish my fuel trim were anywhere near those reset 2 days ago ltft is already back up to 3.6% so coolant sensor not solved the problem

Comment

Fuel trims are acceptable at that...bring it down to the workshop and I'll put it on the dyno to measure power and run some logs
                          White on red THP

Comment

Working...
                          X