Strange misfire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange misfire?

I had a strange problem with the car on Monday. I started it up and everything felt OK, then drove for a while slowly along a country road, then when I went to put my foot down over 40-50 it was misfiring but under 40mph everything seemed fine, even at high revs in low gears. I then had to go onto a dual carriageway so i sped up and it was horrible, couldn't go above 50, felt like it was misfiring badly but also weirdly felt like I had a flat front tyre?? I pulled over at the first opportunity, turned off, went to check the left front as that was the one that felt flat and it was fine, as were all the others. Started it up, drove off and it was perfectly alright, and has been fine since

Any ideas? Its a DStyle 1.6HDi by the way

I have a 1.6 ehdi 90 and have had the same problem, also at certain revs the engine chugs hmmmmmmmmmm.

Comment

At low revs and low gears will get like a shunting and chugging due to the EGR valve opening and closing you will find it worse when cold i'm still trying to work out
      how to disconnect it on my car........
      E HDI 90 White black roof....called free willy.....Because it looks like a Killer Whale .... Now gone to a better place march 2012 to March 2014
      Dstyle+ E Hdi 90 Sport Red Black roof .......The Red Barron ....

Comment

It does sound like the filter has cleared itself but I had a similar issue with HDI 90 about 2 months ago. Car seemed fine below 40 but had no quick acceleration to get up to 50+ or 5th, I was about to join the motorway for a 6 hour drive.... but thought best not far too dangerous, it was constant.

So dealer looked at it and diagnosed the fault as a fuel filter issue, and they wanted 150+ labour + 85 for the part. Should be another thread on here about that saga.

Comment

mine's been totally fine since that 1 incident

It's in for a 37500 service in the first week in July (and I'm on holiday for 2 weeks before then) so they will take a look when its in there.

Comment

Mines only done 1000 miles thinking of returning it to the dealer, really anoying chug sounds like it needs a re-tune or something. Starting to think ive made a bad choice.

Comment

I get the same issue on my 99g. Most noticeable is on the motorway. If you sit at 55 in traffic and put your foot down it sometimes has a little coff and splutter.

Comment

Working...
              X