Boot switch not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot switch not working.

I have had something really weard happen to my car today. I unlocked the car today and tried to open the boot with the button. Nothing happened. Unlocked the car, locked the car and basically tried for 30 minutes all different ways to open the boot via the button. NOTHING!!!!!!!!!. feeling shat off I gave up. Went away counted to 100 and calmed down , as I thought it was a trip to the dealers and a hole pile of problems. I went back unhooked the power and left for 30 minutes. Hooked it back up and still NOTHING. I started the car, just to make sure it started and bumped the stalk that turned on the rear wiper by mistake. As per usual , water came out over my shiney, polished car. Turned the car off and went around the back to polish it off and the tried the boot, It now opens.

How the hell does the button have anything to do with the rear window washer wiper.

French have got me stumped at how this can happen. I tried locking and unlocking the car now and the boot opens fine.

Maybe try this should anyone else have this problem in the future. Worked for me.

Sounds like the microswitch latch that operates the boot might be failing. If it happens again what to do is cover it with as many fingers as possible and squeeze firmly for a few seconds, that should made it pop.

It's a quick job to do so a trip to the dealer would be advised.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
    X