Engine Management Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Management Light

Hi people I was driving my car today on the motorway doing about 70mph when the engine management light came on. When the AA arrived they connected their computer the fault was
    Turbo Boost System Performance has any on else experienced this or no why this is. The car is going into citroen tomorrow to be looked at but I don't want them giving me some old crap when the car is only 7 months old. I have a sport 150THP

Only had a similar error when I was playing with an actuator.

Lemme guess though, it's done around 16k?
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

it's only done 5600 miles

Comment

Any power loss symptoms?

Comment

LOLOLOLOLOLOL...

I think you need to read through the forum...

Sorry for your loss...

Comment

Check out this thread:

http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?1012-THP-power-loss

Comment

Gar074 yes power went hardly any acceleration but AA guy said when engine management light comes on it's a safety
              feature for the power loss to happen!

Comment

To some extent yes. The limp home mode will drop your car into it's "failsafe" settings to allow you to get to the hard shoulder or side of the road. It's not intended for use for any prolonged period of time.

Keep it at the dealers until they're 100% sure of the cause and have implemented an adequate fix.
                cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dsport View Post
                  AA guy said when engine management light comes on it's a safety feature for the power loss to happen!
                  Yes - but the power loss coupled with the engine management warning light is a well-documented sequence of events.

It's surprising that these problems are occurring on a car that's only 7 months old - I thought they were fitting the new improved camchain & tensioner by then - but maybe yours was an earlier build that was sitting around awhile waiting to be registered?

Comment

The AA guy rang citroen (head office) to give them the fault code and they said they have not had this fault code before so the guy reset the management light and said continue on journey can't promise it won't come back on but if it does just take it easy on way home. 60/70 miles later light had not come back on and car seemed ok.

Comment

they said they have not had this fault code before

Comment

Not liking the way this is going/has gone. :confused:

Comment

The AA guy rang citroen (head office) to give them the fault code and they said they have not had this fault code before so the guy reset the management light and said continue on journey can't promise it won't come back on but if it does just take it easy on way home. 60/70 miles later light had not come back on and car seemed ok.
                          I wouldn't worry too much, you can get CEL from contaminated fuel as I did once.

If you start to get a lumpy idle then it's more than likely the timing chain tensioner (or chain - less likely at your mileage)
                          If you start to use more oil then normal then there is a PCV valve fault. Do not ignore as it could lead to engine failure.
                          If the car seems sluggish compared to normal and a CEL comes on after while it could be a faulty turbo actuator/dump valve or boost leak from somewhere else.

Other things it could be are, faulty fuel valve returning fuel to the tank, collapsed catalytic converter, bad fuel, valvetronic problem, faulty injector(s), spark plug(s), coil pack(s), high pressure fuel pump.
                          sigpic

Comment

Or all of the above!

Comment

Best thing to do is wait until you have the car in at your dealer and let them have a look before you start panicking from reading all the above doom and gloom.

Until the car is checked over you can write a list as long as your arm about what it 'might' be. In the trade we often refer to the EM Light as the 'Drama light'....
                              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                              Bigfeet's File Repository
                              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
                              X