Whats that noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats that noise

OK my techie friends - what is the whirring noise I can hear a few seconds after I have turned off the engine. Sounds a little bit like a motorised part (fan ?) slowing down to a stop.

Originally posted by Sparkle View Post
    OK my techie friends - what is the whirring noise I can hear a few seconds after I have turned off the engine. Sounds a little bit like a motorised part (fan ?) slowing down to a stop.
    Are you using the aircon a lot?

Possibly the compressor winding down.
    1.6 Vti White edition

Comment

Thats probably it! Thank you X

Comment

Reminds me of my old Uno which depending on what mood it was in would either whirr for a while after you'd turned off the ignition and stepped away from the car or keep running before coughing and spluttering into silence.

Or farting loudly out the exhaust, as if to say in some arrogant Italian way" pah leave me then, I will drive myself and pass gas on you as you walk away".

Comment

My friend had an old 106 that used to whir after it had been turned off, turned out it was just the cooling fan staying on to chill things out a little bit when it was warm!
          '10 DSport in Black/Carmen Red 'Daisy' - Traded back in
          '61 DSport+ in White/Black 'Poppy'
          'We do what we must, because we can.'
          Entropy... It's not what it used to be...

Comment

Thanks again for putting my mind at ease, would have looked a right blonde had I taken it to the dealership and asked them.

Must be an Italian theme Tepid as many years ago I used to have an old but so loved Fiat 127 Rag Top that used to do a similar thing. Used to get out of the car with key in hand and shut the door before the engine ground to a halt.

Comment

Is yours the diesel? If so it's most likey the flywheel spinnnig down, happens all the time on c4 picasso's and c4's.
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I think it's the fan. If you read your manual, there they write it's possible that the fan is still working after you turned off the engine

Comment

Its the 1.6 DStyle. Took it out on a little test this morning - air con - noise, no air con - no noise. So problem solved xxx

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkle View Post
                    Thanks again for putting my mind at ease, would have looked a right blonde had I taken it to the dealership and asked them.

Must be an Italian theme Tepid as many years ago I used to have an old but so loved Fiat 127 Rag Top that used to do a similar thing. Used to get out of the car with key in hand and shut the door before the engine ground to a halt.
                    well you could have also shown them where irishrob used to park his bike !
                    anyone seen my leather seats?

Comment

I dont think he means the fan, After turning the car of u can hear a motorized noise in the middle under the dash. Its the intake aircon vents closing.
                      -Why i dont know.
                      Something like, if they "it" are open it can blow in dirt/sand/pollen in the

Comment

o.0 We sure we aren't just hearing the intercooler kicking in? It's unlikely to be the air-con as I often get this as well after I've been hooning it around and sitting in and out of the turbo
                        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by tony30uk View Post
                          well you could have also shown them where irishrob used to park his bike !
                          Nice one - well remembered!!

Comment

Working...
                          X