Drivers window not closing sometimes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers window not closing sometimes!

At the club meet, just after parking my car in our 'DS3' formation, when I tried to close my drivers window it went up about a third of the way then back down again. It must have done this quite a few times before it did finally go up. It's been fine since then until today when the same thing happened only this time it seemed to take much longer until it did eventually close all the way up.

Any one else had this problem and found any solution other than perserverance?

Thanks
    2012 Citroen DS3 e-hdi 110 Airdream
    2002 Fiat Punto 1.2
    1996 Citroen AX Forte

Sounds like the anti-pinch has fired. Check the seals to make sure that nothing is holding the window back and the glass as well to make sure that there is nothing on it that may also cause it to stick.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

This used to happen on my C5 also on the drivers side, sometimes it also seemed to want to keep going after it had reached the top and I would have to blip the down button, I traded the car in so never had it looked at.

Comment

What to try is this, open the window all the way and then use the auto function to close it but before it does grab the window to force the anti-pinch (the window should go back down). Now turn the engine off and on again and try to close the window, it should only go up in small jumps. Keep going until you reach the top, this will have re-initialised the system and may solve your problem.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Dunno about not going up but every now and then the driver side window doesn't half get bloody squeeky. Sounds like something is in the door scratching the glass.
          http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
          Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Comment

Run the window down to the bottom then clean all the seals spray a bit of silicon lube on the channel seals then run the window to the top hold the button (so your closing the window) for about 5 seconds and that will reset the window ECU......
            E HDI 90 White black roof....called free willy.....Because it looks like a Killer Whale .... Now gone to a better place march 2012 to March 2014
            Dstyle+ E Hdi 90 Sport Red Black roof .......The Red Barron ....

Comment

Working...
            X