Wind noise on the front passenger side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind noise on the front passenger side

Does anyone else have an annoying wind noise on the front passenger side when you go above 50mph? I assumed if it's not noisy on the drivers side it shouldn't be on the other side. The dealer says all DS3s are like that and therefore it can't be fixed. Please let me know if you've got the same problem.

What DS3 do you have?

I've never heard of 'all DS3's are like that and can't be fixed'
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Mine's lovely and quiet and only gets noisy about the 110 mark...sounds like a problem with the door seal maybe?
      http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
      Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Comment

I've got a DStyle plus HDi 90. I've booked in to be driven in some other DS3s at the weekend but I was interested to know the forums opinion. I think it must be a seal too.

Comment

I'm probably stating the obvious, but have you checked that the window is fully up, might be worth lowering and raising it a couple of times. Also worth giving the door seals a look over, make sure they're not damaged.
          DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Yes, I've checked the seals and the window - there's nothing obvious.

Comment

How do the panel gaps compare to the drivers door?
              DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

I will have a look in the morning, thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

If you know a friendly local garage not sure if a petrol forecourt would do use a airline round the door mirror and windscreen trims that may be raised with someone sitting in the car see if you can here any wind noise from inside , only other way is start masking various parts of the door take it down the road see if it stops
                  2012 Dstyle+ 1.6 eHDI 90 Airdreamsigpic
                  Belle Ile Blue With Black Roof

Comment

Check the mirror on that side as well, see if the casing is fitted correctly.

A suggestion from our workshop is to parcel tape the door seal on the outside around the window and see if the noise stops, if so then remove a bit of tape at a time until the noise reappears, then you will know where the offend 'hole' is.
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I work as a door setter at the vauxhall van plant and usually if it is not the door seal try looking at the flushness between the fender and door gap if the fender is inboard to the door this will cause wind problems, best to have the fender slightly proud to the door anyway, hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, I will be investigating this weekend!

Comment

Working...
                        X