Fuel economy for eHdi 110???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel economy for eHdi 110???

Can anyone shed any light on what figures I should be getting from my motor, just gone 3000 miles, obviously sales literature is a tad misleading stating combined mid 70s but I'm definitely a combined driver and I'm getting 57 max so far? I appreciate I can't be right up in the test figure range but was at least hoping for mid 60's? After all it's one of the main selling points that Citroen Sales used!!

Any thoughts or advice would be welcome!

Car is awesome even if the mpg isn't quite what I had in mind!!

Hi,

On all my cars I've got roughly 20% below combined, mainly Audis and then VAG group cars - that's real not what the onboard computer says - depends on driving style, etc and I admit I hit the right foot on take-off sometimes. So in your case I'd be ok with it based on my driving style. My THP I'm getting 35 ish on a reported combined of 42 so again roughly 20% off combined.

57mpg I'd be celebrating!

Enjoy!
    Regards,
    Clive.
    CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
    DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

I have the ehdi and did a few tanks of diesel testing different speeds and the cruise control to see roughly what i would get out of the car.

A full tank of diesel from empty to my estimated mile to refuel being at 0 - driving no faster than 57mph i averaged over 67.8 and 640miles

Filled the tank and did the same again at 50mph - I averaged over 72mpg and 700miles

Filled the tank and 70mph - I averaged 57mpg and 500miles to the tank

Filled the tank again and didnt stick to 70, hit the odd 80 and 90 but was driving mainly 70ish mph - 57mpg and 500miles to the tank
      Last edited by Rickaaa; 07-08-2012, 22:36.

Comment

4 months gone and I am getting about 50 around town and 62 on motorway runs.
        sigpic

Comment

Getting around 54 to 56 going to and from work which is about 15mins away going mostly 50mph till i hit the 30mph roads in town.

Comment

ps. that's from a 110 ehdi

Comment

That seems well low clive. Even I was getting a combined of 37 and I drive like a full on mentalist!
              http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
              Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Comment

*shakes head*

Not too be rude but we had covered MPG a least a dozen times in the past, check at some of the threads listed below for more info
                ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                Bigfeet's File Repository
                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Sometimes newer members don't know how to search and unfortunately the search isn't that accurate, done searches for stuff onsite myself and received nothing relevant then left and done a google search which then pulled out threads on this site of relevance...just one of those things about the built in search function is all.

Comment

Lol! That's true, I did suggest in the past that the search box has a flashing neon border!
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Yes, there's a thread with a spreadsheet showing people's attained mpgs for different models.

However, on DW, we just accept new members won't always search and being friendly I'm happy if the same question is asked here again! New members being welcome etc....we're a friendly bunch here too

Anyway off to a meeting, road is empty, I'm going to get 28mpg as I go from 0-60 on the A38 in 7.3 seconds! Ummmm!

Regards,
                      Clive.

Comment

glad you drive it as well you clean it

Comment

Originally posted by chiefnerd View Post
                          That seems well low clive. Even I was getting a combined of 37 and I drive like a full on mentalist!
                          I base mine on 'real' mpg - i.e. calculate it from amount of fuel added and distance travelled - the onboard computers I notice often state the mpg by about 10% over, so if you're looking at that, then 37 minus 10% is around the same as I've been getting.

I did have to do a run to Sussex and back on Saturday and got about 42....my best yet....

Regards,
                          Clive.

Comment

Originally posted by chiefnerd View Post
                            glad you drive it as well you clean it
                            Indeed, driving it away clean is a pleasure, and making it dirty driving it is a pleasure too, as it means I can clean it!!!!!

Comment

Thanks for support for newbies guys! And the advice was much appreciated! Just for reference though I searched for MPG in the search and it said no results, thought it strange but was canny tired maybe should have searched more thoroughly? Lol!!

Comment

Working...
                              X