i dont have the velocity limiter anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i dont have the velocity limiter anymore

hi!, sorry my english. last month my ds3 1.6 hdi 92cv went to the 20.000 kmīs revision at citroen garage, everything went right, but last week i was going in the motor way, and i notice that the car doesnīt stop at 183 km/h anymore i pass the 192 km/h :-), the garage must have remove the velocity limiter.
    is there anyone with this engine that experience the same???

I believe you set this yourself. An expert will be along soon.

Jimbob

Comment

Think you're the first ?

Have you tried speaking to your dealer ?

Comment

I take it you are referring to the Speed Limiter? Are you sure that it was engaged as you would see the word 'on' next to 'Limit' to confirm the system is running, it maybe that you caught the edge of the stalk and turned it off by mistake.

Try setting the system to a low speed (60kph) and test it yourself.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I presume the OP is referring to the top speed limiting of the engine instead of the Speed limiter feature?

I will be referring to the speed limiter as a velocity limiter from now on though
          Proud owner of missing wonky stickers

Comment

According to the brouchure, the top speed of the HDi90 in this country is 113mph, which is 181kph.
            So it sounds like the speed limit on the ecu has been removed/changed, rather than a problem with the cruise control/speed limiter.

Comment

sorry, iīm not referring to the cruise control and speed limiter that i can control, iīm referring to the stop speed limiting of the engine like mixin said, the car before it went to the garage the top speed was 183 km/h now it goes more than that

Comment

itīs exactly what joekinf27 said, here in portugal the engineīs top speed is 183 km/s or was... to the hdi112 the limit is 192 km/h in the uk you donīt have this speed limit ??

Comment

Originally posted by hilas View Post
                  itīs exactly what joekinf27 said, here in portugal the engineīs top speed is 183 km/s or was... to the hdi112 the limit is 192 km/h in the uk you donīt have this speed limit ??
                  I'm familiar with a lot of bikes being set with a restrictor but I've never heard of the same being done with cars over here =S
                  cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I see now what you mean now, you must drive hard all the time to notice a change in the top speed (!).

Anyway the top speed of most cars is fixed by the ECU because of the tyre ratings, I would advise checking with you Citroen agent to find out what was done to the car regards to downloads as that will will you know.
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

i donīt understand why they put the ecu with speed limiter for the cars in portugal and donīt put it on the cars in uk!!
                      now iīm thinking that maybe itīs the citroen in portugal that give orders to put this limiter because the ds3īs are all made in france!!!
                      in a portuguese citroenīs forum the owners of hdi ds3īs are all sad because of this limiter. but maybe knowing of this citroen is removing the ecu limiter when the carīs went to garage. i also think that maybe they removed my ecu limiter because the warranty is about to finish.

Comment

Working...
                      X