Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED w5w bulbs wanted

Hi guys.

Don't kill me if this has been asnwered before, I did a search (and I'm horrible at it) but couldn't find my answer.

Can I use these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-W5W-OS...ht_2675wt_1397

Looks kinda silly with the standard ones, they come out really yellow compared to the LEDs.

I got some cheap ones the other day, and put them in.
    They looked white and nice, but it wasn't until I got home from the garage that I noticed when I turned my car off and went around to have a last look at her before going to bed, I saw they were blinking very dim.. almost like a disco in my headlights. Why does it do that?
    I've taken them back out now and put the standards in again... but I want them to be white.

help? :confused:
    Citroën DS3 DSport THP 150 Sport yellow / Black roof

I got ones like these last year, no funny flashing.
    DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

maybe I'll have to give them a try.... thanks!

Comment

Make sure whatever bulbs you get are CAN BUS compatible then they should work just fine.
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

WHY IS EVERYONE AGAINST THE FLASHING ?

I've got 24 LED bulbs on each of my clusters and the flashing looks awesome. It only lasts about a minute after you lock it and everyone who see's it thinks it looks great.

Comment

chav.
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
              chav.
              Quiet you !

It looks great, like I said it only lasts for about a minute and people ask me pretty much every day about it and say it looks cool.

When we went over the France for the DS Spirit meet the French were loving it lol

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
                WHY IS EVERYONE AGAINST THE FLASHING ?
                Spose this makes you a FLASHER Zack
                HHHmmm
                CBLUE
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                  Spose this makes you a FLASHER Zack
                  HHHmmm
                  CBLUE
                  LOL ^^

lasts for just a minute, are you sure ZACK? does that count for all these "flasher" bulbs?

"CAN BUS" noted, thanks cyclone

Comment

F you ebay "501 resistor" you'll find resistors that will stop this happening...

You basically plug the resistor into where the bulb wood go and then the plug the bulb into the other end.

The only problem with these are the bit the bulb goes into hasn't got a clip so it's got a bit of play when you push it into the headlight housing... I just secured it a bit with some tape..

The advantage of using these resistors is that you don't have to worry about getting canbus leds

Comment

Originally posted by DickiJ View Post
                      F you ebay "501 resistor" you'll find resistors that will stop this happening...

You basically plug the resistor into where the bulb wood go and then the plug the bulb into the other end.

The only problem with these are the bit the bulb goes into hasn't got a clip so it's got a bit of play when you push it into the headlight housing... I just secured it a bit with some tape..

The advantage of using these resistors is that you don't have to worry about getting canbus leds
                      I can't see the point in these when it's easy enough to find CANBUS friendly bulbs.
                      DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Well I purchased them after making the same error Skylaq had...

And upon reading my previous post I made some very cringe-worthy mistakes! No more posting on my mobile for me

Comment

Thanks for the tip DickiJ!

I'm just gonna chuck the ones I got, or maybe test them in the license plate thingy (?)
                          And get some CANBUS friendly ones.
                          or I'm just not gonna bother at all, since they made my osram nightbreakers really yellow looking..

Comment

They'll work fine in the rear number plate

Comment

Originally posted by Arlow View Post
                              I got ones like these last year, no funny flashing.
                              I just gave him/her an order, so hope they'll be in the mail soon

Originally posted by DickiJ View Post
                              They'll work fine in the rear number plate
                              Thanks DickiJ, I'll pop them in there then. And hope they wont be too bright back there.

Comment

Working...
                              X