Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servicing...

Hi,

My car is now approaching 1 year old and I understood it to have a 2 year servicing interval. Dealer I bought it from just sent a reminder saying the annual service is now due...

and from citroen's website:

If your vehicle is on a 2 year service schedule, we do strongly recommend an Annual Service on the alternate years where a scheduled service is not due
    so my question, what's included in the annual service as opposed to the Scheduled service??

Thanks in advance
    -- Gannet.
    DS3 DSport THP150, Polar White, Carmen Red Roof...

I posted up somewhere on here an annual service sheet but can't for the life of me think where!

The annual service is really an inspection of the car, checking fluids, brake condition, etc. Best advice would be to chat with your dealer for more informations and costings.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Thanks,

I should've done a more thorough search before posting!

sheet here

so basically a visual check over and an oil change
      -- Gannet.

Comment

Lol! I knew I had posted it somewhere!
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

My granny diesel is due for an annual service...£160 for an inspection no thanks tbh.
          Suzuki Rgv 250, Cruddy Corsa, Cruddy Astra, 56 Corsa D, 09 Fiesta Mk7, 59 Fiesta Mk7, 10 Swift Sport, 11 DS3 Hdi White Edition >> 61 DS3 e-Hdi Dstyle Plus Sport Yellow with corroding bellone's as standard<<

Comment

I had my first visual inspection when my car was 1 year old and it was free :-)

Comment

Originally posted by gannet View Post
              so basically a visual check over and an oil change
              Just the check - it's the "Annual Service", P16 of the Maintenance & Warranty Guide. The oil change isn't due until 2 years/20,000 miles, the Routine Service, P11 of the Maintenance & Warranty Guide (unless it's changed from when mine was printed!)

Comment

yeah, just talked to my local dealer:

£99 for the check over
                £149 for the check over + oil and filter change

hmm... seems alot for a check over :o

booked in for MRC recall and wheel corrosion only at the moment...
                -- Gannet.

Comment

If they had said around the £100 area max i'd have prolly booked it in.......all the cash that stay's in my pocket the better atm.
                  Suzuki Rgv 250, Cruddy Corsa, Cruddy Astra, 56 Corsa D, 09 Fiesta Mk7, 59 Fiesta Mk7, 10 Swift Sport, 11 DS3 Hdi White Edition >> 61 DS3 e-Hdi Dstyle Plus Sport Yellow with corroding bellone's as standard<<

Comment

Originally posted by gannet View Post
                    yeah, just talked to my local dealer:

£99 for the check over
                    £149 for the check over + oil and filter change
                    That does seem expensive. According to my service book the Annual Service isn't necessary to maintain the warranty (usual disclaimer!)

Makes the £199 for three years' servicing that I bought look very good value!

Comment

Did all my 1st year checkover stuff £99- fine
                      Anyone know if they access the ECU as standard on the 20,000 mile service?
                      If so what for- theyve already accessed mine for an upgrade
                      Just wondering................Taps fingers on table and looks in the air, and whistles
                      CBLUE
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                        Did all my 1st year checkover stuff £99- fine
                        Anyone know if they access the ECU as standard on the 20,000 mile service?
                        If so what for- theyve already accessed mine for an upgrade
                        Just wondering................Taps fingers on table and looks in the air, and whistles
                        CBLUE
                        I would imagine they check the ECU for fault codes whilst it's in for a service.
                        DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Just had my THP in for it's annual service at 9700 miles even though it should be 2 years or 20,000, they checked it over and changed the oil and filter for £99. It seems expensive but the stamp in the book will be worth more than the £99 when I come to sell or part exchange.

Originally posted by studly View Post
                          My granny diesel is due for an annual service...£160 for an inspection no thanks tbh.
                          I thought the diesels had to be serviced every year to maintain the warranty?

Comment

If they included an oil change for the £99 at my dealer it would be worth it.... but they don't. To get the oil change they want an extra £50. So it's £99 to do most of the checks I do myself regularly anyway.
                            -- Gannet.

Comment

As Bigfeet has posted before the servicing schedule (or rather what is done when) seems very confused even by Citroen Dealers!

I took the '3 year 35,000 mile' plan with mine - which is a bit bizarre in itself as the THP only has a 'main' service at 20,000 miles - so that equals one 'full' service!

When mine went in for it's first 'inspection' service on its first birthday (which was about 13000 miles) they seemed to indicate it then didn't need servicing for another 20,000 miles - so I immediately said I'd been told on the phone and when I booked it in to bring it in when it got to 20,000 as the first service would not have changed the oil. They didn't argue and immediately changed the book to say bring it back at 20,000 - what's scary if they didn't change the oil I could have run it to 33,000 on the first set of oil (I won't as it'll be long gone by then) - that said, for all I know they did the 'full' service on the first service, but either way it's going back at 20,000 miles for a 'full' service.....assuming I keep it that long.......

Regards,
                              Clive.
                              CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
                              DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Working...
                              X