X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VTI 120 coolant leak

Hi

I have my DS3 VTI120 now for 12 months.
    Now iīve got a problem since 5-6 weeks.My coolant water is dropping fast down from max level to under min within 1-2 weeks and i must fill it up again.
    The lokal repair center was making a leaking test and everything was ok. Besides i have no wetness under the pedals and canīt find water in the engine room.
    Any suggestions what could it be? coolant pump or ....?

thanks

and what type of coolant fluid do you buy?
    Last edited by darkcore; 24-08-2012, 23:17.

How is the oil level or do you have white smoke at the tailpipe? But most likely a external leak somewhere have it checked again by someone else.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I have the exact same problem. Was shitting it at first as I thought it may have been a blown head gasket but I figure its just a leak somewhere along the line.
      Dstyle+ 1.6 VTi, Red/Black

Comment

Hi oil level is ok, and no white smoke at the tailpipe.
        What colour has the original coolant in your DS3(it seems mine was yellow/orange)? I dont know which i should buy. silicant coolant oder not, blue, red, or green ?

Iīam confused.

Comment

Don't know the spec mine is orange to. Ask at the dealer?

Comment

Hi, ok i must wait till monday and go to the local dealer.
            Have take a closely look at the tailpipe, and a little white somke is there, maybe its form condensed water its very warm today and mugy. Or the head gasket...
            Last edited by darkcore; 25-08-2012, 12:41.

Comment

here are some fotos.

Attached Files

Comment

that's the same color. Oil looks clean that should be a relief as its the worst of all. If its using that much water it would be a good amount of white smoke I'd think. still think you should have it tested by someone else.

Comment

+1 wudnt leave this too long. wud giv it citroen and say it NEEDS to be found cant use a car doin this. not good losing tht amount of coolant wherever its comin from.

Comment

back from the dealer and the say nothing the can find.... so what i can do now? conntacting another dealer or call citroen?

Comment

I would keep pushing the issue- your dealer obviously knows there's a problem because you;re losing coolant. Just demand they find the cause or replace the fault unit (engine)
                      http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
                      Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Comment

If there is another dealer in the near would try them if not like the man said push the issue. There is a problem. They need to investigate more to find it. It will not go away just because the dealer wants to ignore it. Maybe suggest they contact Citroen for help if they do not have any ideas.

Comment

Working...
                        X