Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20k thp service cost!

Hi guys,

Need to bok my thp in for it's 20k service, been quoted £320 from citroen which I thought was high. Does anyone know what is included in this service?

I've searched and found details on the annual service at £149 (visual plus oil/filter) but nothing on the 20k one.

Just want to know if it's worth getting it done by citroen or going to my usual local service centre that's done all my other cars for years.

Many thanks.

Mark

Mark,

That IS expensive! Bet it doesn't take them an hour....

I'd go to your local service centre, I'm sure you know, but remember they need to follow the same Citroen service content (good luck on them finding out what that is!, but it has to be made available, even if Citroen dealers don't seem to have a consistent view on what it is!). They must also use Citroen parts. then your warranty is maintained. Don't listen to any arguments about a dealer service meaning better trade-ins - legally they can't even ask when you trade-in - and I guarantee one thing - Citroen service history or not the dealer will say 'umm afraid not worth what they worth mate' ! - except BigFeet of course, he's a straight up chap, lol!

Regards,
    Clive.
    CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
    DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Not hear of that one before Clive - "legally they can't even ask when you trade-in" because the dealer by law must be able to present all that information to the next customer and no dealer would underwrite a car without that information.

In truth if you refused to indulge the service history any dealer worth his salt will smell a rat and offer much less in order to cover any recondition cost!

Anyway on the the matter at hand, I will said that the price quoted is rather high but what we don't know is if that dealer is including any possible extra such as replacement brakes and has given you a 'worse case' price. As Clive has said if you go to your service agent make sure that they follow the correct schedule and use Citroen parts or you may have some issue with your warranty down the line. The other option is of course to get a quote from another Citroen dealership.

The argument about a Franchise history being worth more is correct I'm afraid and it's customers who are to blame for that! Think about this, you go to buy a used Citroen DS3 and see two which are identical in spec, colour and price with only a couple of miles between the two but one has a full Citroen service stamp and the other has stamps from someone who have never heard of - which one would you buy?
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
        Not hear of that one before Clive - "legally they can't even ask when you trade-in" because the dealer by law must be able to present all that information to the next customer and no dealer would underwrite a car without that information.
        Sorry, to clarify, the person trading it should be able to state that it has a full service schedule completed as per the Citroen / & using Citroen parts schedule, but that should be that - the trade-in price should reflect it has (or doesn't) have a full service history according to the Citroen service schedule which has been carried out at a VAT registered garage (in the UK). Where is legally irrelvant in terms of the trade-in value. However, practically, I agree with you - people will be cautious if not declared- to be honest I trade my cars in, where the condition is better than showroom, so all dealers have been keen to bite my hand-off and it's sale ready - the only tricky bit is agreeing a value, as always (but all part of the fun to me!)....

Regards,
        Clive.
        Last edited by CliveP; 27-08-2012, 09:29.
        CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
        DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

£320 does seem high for a 20k miler - but there can be big variations even between two dealers in the same chain. I was quoted (from memory) over £250 by my local dealer and £199 by another branch of the same firm in the next town. Worth shopping around.

Comment

Working...
          X