Judder - self inflicted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judder - self inflicted?

I'n a quest to find how much mpg my thp could do for this tank of petrol I weren't going to do more than 2.2k-ish revs... And I done it for 150 miles and was getting 43mpg on a 14 mile round trip...

However today there was a loon behind me and I went to put my foot down to get away and on about 3.5k there was a judder with a puff of smoke from the back... The rest of the journey I hammered it... And it was fine

Am I correct to assume that all this off boost driving had caused oil to clog up? I'm thinking probably in the turbo's pcv pipe and the boost sucked it all through?

If so this has taught me a valuable lesson... Don't drive slow

hi mine did that as well, did not use car for a week took it out put foot down smoke came out but did not judder.
    DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

Sorry to be negative ....Characteristic of mine to be honest until she blew...Only happened at low revs doing motorway runs around 2750 rpm...After timing chain replacement & numerous taking her to the dealership....Had a replacement engine when she decided to let go all together at 13k.

Comment

Just went for a drive on the a470... Not sure if it stuttered again but in 6th the revs seem to rise from 3k to 3.5k and back... Like the clutch is sippling... Possibility at 20k? :/

Comment

I've also noticed that the engine has got a knocking noise I know the THP is naturally tappy but it seems to have an extra knock going on

Comment

Engine noise ^^ Sounds bad?

It seems that my nearest dealership is fully booked until next Tuesday... I feel reluctant to drive it sounding like that so I'm going to drive it 2 miles from my home where I'll be able to get the RAC to tow it to Citroen... The lady on the phone said it was their policy to look over cars classed as "broken down" within 48 hours... So that's my plan

Comment

A THP shouldn't sound like a diesel
              http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
              Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Comment

I had a knock on mine at 8000 miles that sounded so bad I left it at the dealer - worksheet says "fitted new water pump drive pulley"

If you look down the left side of the engine, viewed from the front it's towards the back, and mine could be seen wobbling slightly

With a bit of luck that's all it is
                Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Working...
                X