110 hdi - limp mode breakdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 110 hdi - limp mode breakdown

My DS3 let me down last night on the M1. Just joined the carriageway when the ASR/ESP warning light came on followed by the engine management light. No power so pulled off and called recovery. Now waiting to here from the garage. Recovery bloke reckoned it's a failed injector or coil pack. Engine lumpy, but runs.

:-(

coil pack - on a diesel?
    Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

If the ESP system kicked up a fault that would explain why the ECU switched the car over into 'limp' mode. The ESP is linked into the braking system and because of that fault the ECU can't let you speed.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

The garage phoned at the end of yesterday... Diagnosis so far is a faulty injector. Citroen now need to okay the replacement under warranty and we'll see if that sorts it.

Comment

Injector replaced under warranty. 250 miles later everything okay. Fingers crossed for trouble free driving from now on.

Comment

Working...
          X