Panel filter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panel filter?

Im think of getting a Pipercross panel filter. Iv found one thats for 1.6 petrol 120bhp. Not done any upgrades to the car, and was wondering is it easy to fit and do i have to upgrade anything else if i get it fitted? Thanks for the help.
    “In less enlightened times, the best way to impress women was to own a hot car. But women wised up and realized it was better to buy their own hot cars so they wouldn't have to ride around with jerks.” - Scott Adams

not hard to fit just a flat screwdriver undo air pipe lift lid of box and fit. no other mods needed

Comment

cool. im sure even i cud give it a go! women an engines dont always mix. no harm trying!
      “In less enlightened times, the best way to impress women was to own a hot car. But women wised up and realized it was better to buy their own hot cars so they wouldn't have to ride around with jerks.” - Scott Adams

Comment

10 minute jobs. You can't really do anything wrong unless you try opening your panel with some wire cutters and a hammer.
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Needed a small shank TORX driver for mine
          And that bleeding clip is hard to get off- and harder to get back on
          Needs to go back on as it seals the filter casing
          CBLUE
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
            Needed a small shank TORX driver for mine
            And that bleeding clip is hard to get off- and harder to get back on
            Needs to go back on as it seals the filter casing
            CBLUE
            But you have a different engine Chris:rolleyes:
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Thanks for pointing that out Cyclone- as ever always eager:redface:
              Didnt realise the air intake was different on certain petrol models
              CBLUE
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                Thanks for pointing that out Cyclone- as ever always eager:redface:

CBLUE
                For you Chris anytime! Actually just didn't want Scarey to think it was hard to change that filter.
                Not down on you personally..................This time

Comment

thanks for that. just had a look under the hood. looks like i need an alan key.

Comment

Just the one screw on yours though, I think.

Comment

If you uprate the panel filter then I would suggest making sure you mention this to your Service agent otherwise they will remove it and replace it with an original come service time.
                      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                      Bigfeet's File Repository
                      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                        If you uprate the panel filter then I would suggest making sure you mention this to your Service agent otherwise they will remove it and replace it with an original come service time.
                        +1 i mentioned this when car went into service. told them to keep it if its on list to be changed. but its not been done so still in

Comment

ok. i think im been thick. looks like there 7 screws.

Comment

wow, I must really have my head turned around and am completely talking out my ass. Sorry!

This should be your engine.

Attached Files
                            Last edited by cyclone; 04-10-2012, 09:06.

Comment

that kinda looks like it. it needs more muck on it. is it just the number 8 i need to deal with?

Comment

Working...
                              X